• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fast Food (Pron)

antoant

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Cyprus style fast food that is. Kebabs are considered to be the traditional fast food of Cyprus. Every neighborhood has at least one joint that makes them. This is last Sunday's lunch.

First you put the pork shoulder/neck pieces on the skewers. Sprinkle some salt on them and you are ready to move on to the fire.
DSC01829.JPG

We usually use lump but Sunday was the day of the briquettes. Lay them out in the grill and use some starter cubes and some left over lump I guess.
DSC01833.JPG

After the cubes are going pile up the charcoal and for those that feel impatient and/or crazy you use your wife's blow-drier to feed that fire with O2
DSC01836.JPG

Once everything is nice and ashed over load up the meat, start the motor and move on to the side dishes.
DSC01839.JPG

A simple salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, parsley and a secret ingredient is the perfect side dish along with fries. Here is a picture of one and of the not so secret, any more, ingredient.
DSC01849.JPG

DSC01841.JPG%22

With the side dishes done it is almost time to get the meat off the heat. And throw on the container that will hold the delicious mixture of meat and greens.
DSC01844.JPG%22

DSC01852.JPG%22

DSC01850.JPG%22

And the final product right before it added another pound to my already overweight body:bow:
DSC01853.JPG%22

Thank you for looking
lXnZVkmDCdFO0dBhKsXC1g

Fantastic!! I'd hit all of that. I like the set up with the wiper motor. Very inventive.

Bob

That is some FINE looking souvlaki my friend!

What kind of dressing is on the salad?

Thank you. The dressing consisted of a drizzle of olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a bit of salt and the "secret" ingredient.

You have nice nails :p

Ohhhh, thank you.:laugh: I will let my sister/supervisor know, I am assuming you are referring to the orange ones.

Looks great! Now I got something else to put in my BBQ to do bucket. How long on the coals?

Very cool.. Although I'd like to see who those nice nails are attached to... Food looks great!!!!

Back