Releasing Derek's House Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce Recipe!

Actually, from what I see in the recipe, it is 1 cup of starch mixed with 5.5 cups of liquid, and that is jsut the Wet Ingredient Mixture. There are also liquids in the other mixtures too. Here is the total list of liquids I am seeing:

3 Cups Dr. Pepper
1 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
1.5 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cans of water (Tomato Paste can)
1 small bottle Jim Beam
1 can Diced Tomatoes (with juice)

I gotta admit, that does seem a tad high on the corn starch, it's hard for me to picture what this is gonna be like without trying it. I hope to try it soon and will post the results.

Actually, from what I see in the recipe, it is 1 cup of starch mixed with 5.5 cups of liquid, and that is jsut the Wet Ingredient Mixture. There are also liquids in the other mixtures too. Here is the total list of liquids I am seeing:

3 Cups Dr. Pepper
1 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
1.5 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cans of water (Tomato Paste can)
1 small bottle Jim Beam
1 can Diced Tomatoes (with juice)

I gotta admit, that does seem a tad high on the corn starch, it's hard for me to picture what this is gonna be like without trying it. I hope to try it soon and will post the results.
Trust me it works!

How big is the tomato paste can, the little 6oz version? Just curious so I am using the right amount.

hmm 1 tablespoon of starch usually to thicken 1 cup of liquid if i remember correctly

Sorry for getting pissy guys, I was thinking out loud.

It's all cool:cool:, but that is a lot of corn starch by many traditional methods. You may teach us all a new path. Teach on my friend. Sharing is what we do here. If your method is incorrect, by other's opinions, they will share that opinion. That IS why we, as a collective, exist.

Sorry for getting pissy guys, I was thinking out loud.

Dude, I'm not complaining I just want to make sure we have our ducks in a row, if it takes a cup then it takes a cup, how much water to that cup of corn starch? I am going to make this and I certainty don"t want to throw 100 bucks into the crapper without asking a few questions...........We're in this togehter........Just helping each other! Thanks.........

It's all cool:cool:, but that is a lot of corn starch by many traditional methods. You may teach us all a new path. Teach on my friend. Sharing is what we do here. If your method is incorrect, by other's opinions, they will share that opinion. That IS why we, as a collective, exist.
Word.:thumb:

Yuppers but if you don't use it, then it's not going to get thick ( simmering only does so much to it ) And thanks Kevin.

Dude, I'm not complaining I just want to make sure we have our ducks in a row, if it takes a cup then it takes a cup, how much water to that cup of corn starch? I am going to make this and I certainty don"t want to throw 100 bucks into the crapper without asking a few questions...........We're in this together........Just helping each other! Thanks.........
Cool thanks man. And all you do is fill up a messuring cup and then add a little water and then mix well ( add more water if needed )

Word.:thumb:
Ok word, I choose the word "Town" as the word :p

Yuppers but if you don't use it, then it's not going to get thick ( simmering only does so much to it ) And thanks Kevin.

Cool thanks man. And all you do is fill up a messuring cup and then add a little water and then mix well ( add more water if needed )

Ok word, I choose the word "Town" as the word :p

OK, I'm rolling with the recipe tomorrow for some spatchcock chickens I'm doing.

Thanks for all the input!!:thumb:

I picked up the missing ingredients for this today, hope to make it tomorrow. I was figuring i would do equal parts water to the starch where it said 1 cup starch with water added. That's pretty average to see equal parts mixed together.

Derek I have this thread in my Subscribe:-D
Very cool, I think I have one of your threads subcribed too man.

OK, I'm rolling with the recipe tomorrow for some spatchcock chickens I'm doing.

Thanks for all the input!!:thumb:

I picked up the missing ingredients for this today, hope to make it tomorrow. I was figuring i would do equal parts water to the starch where it said 1 cup starch with water added. That's pretty average to see equal parts mixed together.
And post some pron pictures please?

I am making this sauce today, and as promised here are the pics so far...

I started with the dry ingredients...
DryIngredients.jpg

And then mixed that in with the Sauce made form the Tomato Paste and Water...
PlusWetIngredients.jpg

And then I added in the Pepper Pot stuff...
PepperPot.jpg

You may have noticed by now the ceramic pot that this stuff is in is from my Crock Pot. I will be simmering this outside in my crockpot so I can work today instead of babysitting it, and most importantly because my wife is so allergic to many varieties of peppers, especially the kind found in this recipe. So outside in the crock pot I brought it to a simmer and let it simmer for 45 minutes. It is now cooling and this is what it looks like...
FirstSimmer.jpg

I will post more pics as I get updates. I tasted the mix so far and it is pretty tasty already with a spicy kick. I'm excited to try the finished product.:cool:

I am making this sauce today, and as promised here are the pics so far...

I started with the dry ingredients...
DryIngredients.jpg

And then mixed that in with the Sauce made form the Tomato Paste and Water...
PlusWetIngredients.jpg

And then I added in the Pepper Pot stuff...
PepperPot.jpg

You may have noticed by now the ceramic pot that this stuff is in is from my Crock Pot. I will be simmering this outside in my crockpot so I can work today instead of babysitting it, and most importantly because my wife is so allergic to many varieties of peppers, especially the kind found in this recipe. So outside in the crock pot I brought it to a simmer and let it simmer for 45 minutes. It is now cooling and this is what it looks like...
FirstSimmer.jpg

I will post more pics as I get updates. I tasted the mix so far and it is pretty tasty already with a spicy kick. I'm excited to try the finished product.:cool:
It looks like mine and yes you will have the spicy kick if done right!

Props!!!

I should mention that because I was unable to find yellow and red jalapeno's, I used 2 green jalapeno's, and one large poblano pepper. This was to keep the heat from getting too crazy because the green jalapeno's I have are pretty blazin' hot. Other than that, everything else is as the recipe shows.

I should mention that because I was unable to find yellow and red jalapeno's, I used 2 green jalapeno's, and one large poblano pepper. This was to keep the heat from getting too crazy because the green jalapeno's I have are pretty blazin' hot. Other than that, everything else is as the recipe shows.
Hey no problem, I found the colored jalapino's at an Authentic Mexican store!

Did you have a problem finding the dried chiptoly pepper?

Back