MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #76
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

The caterer would have to have BRASS .....

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #77
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

No not BBQ! There would be a revolt! It's always been pretty good food at the banquets I've attended. Philadelphia not so much though. They ran out and started bringing all sorts of crap out of the kitchen as entrees! I'm sure KCBS will address that this year and ensure enough fod for all.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #78
Divemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Sounds good. You signed up with KCBS yet?
No, not yet. Drop me a PM as to how you want me to handle it.

Quote:
No not BBQ! There would be a revolt! It's always been pretty good food at the banquets I've attended. Philadelphia not so much though. They ran out and started bringing all sorts of crap out of the kitchen as entrees! I'm sure KCBS will address that this year and ensure enough fod for all.
As I recall, they were even grabbing food (boiled ribs and fried chicken) were from a wedding next store.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #79
Jeff_in_KC

We're up to $110 for the after-party funds! Come on folks! We need to reserve this ASAP! Still $630 to go plus whatever we split with KK and CSC! PayPal account is [email protected] . Lots of you have said you're in... so now get "officially" in! LOL!
KCBS Member #14287

Old 12-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #80
Jorge

Quote:
We're up to $110 for the after-party funds! Come on folks! We need to reserve this ASAP! Still $630 to go plus whatever we split with KK and CSC! PayPal account is [email protected] . Lots of you have said you're in... so now get "officially" in! LOL!
We are paid, sorry about the delay Jeff! My wife isn't making the trip, but it's for a good cause if we can make it happen.

If this doesn't happen, I WILL BE A HALL MONITOR ON MY FLOOR AND NARK ALL YOU OTHER FARKERS OUT! Cough up the green!

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #81
Scottie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Ill give up $100 for the banquet, if I can auction off an imported (not sold in the states) a bottle of Jack Daniel's Silver. The official drink of the A-Team. Any proceeds will be split between the charities. I want to say they sell Silver for $70-75. Can even have it autographed while a certain Admin gets his head shaved!!!! ;) man, I better show up with a Mohawk or I have a feeling I am in trouble... By then again, he might be a hall monitor and bust your ass!!!!! ;)

So come on boys. It ain't talk if you back it up. Win win. I cover a hondo and charities are guaranteed a few bucks.

So what do you all think? Offer off the table tomorrow. So an Admin might have to approve to do this?
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #82
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Sounds like a winner

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #83
Bunny
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Jeff,

Next time I see ya I'll give you $20.

Bunny

Old 12-15-2010, 07:15 AM   #84
Jeff_in_KC

We're up to $330 now! Keep it rolling! And this isn't going to JUST be for Brethren! Invite anyone you know who is coming to town for the KCBS Banquet! If nothing else, it becomes a recruiting tool for the Brethren! Just pass along my email ([email protected]) and have folks send $10 per head at www.PayPal.com.

Scottie, are you talking auctioning off this bottle online or at the party? We could auction it there if that's what you mean... just couldn't break it open in the party room. THANKS!!! I'm good with it.
KCBS Member #14287

Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #85
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
Ill give up $100 for the banquet, if I can auction off an imported (not sold in the states) a bottle of Jack Daniel's Silver. The official drink of the A-Team. Any proceeds will be split between the charities. I want to say they sell Silver for $70-75. Can even have it autographed while a certain Admin gets his head shaved!!!! ;) man, I better show up with a Mohawk or I have a feeling I am in trouble... By then again, he might be a hall monitor and bust your ass!!!!! ;)

So come on boys. It ain't talk if you back it up. Win win. I cover a hondo and charities are guaranteed a few bucks.

So what do you all think? Offer off the table tomorrow. So an Admin might have to approve to do this?
I'm OK with this. Sounds like a good way to help a couple of great causes.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #86
Jorge

Quote:

Works for me.

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #87
Scottie

Auction it here... Dennis Keck sent me an email for $100... of course not selling shots at a banquet room would be illegal... just don't tell them to look under my table during the dinner part!!!! lol

Old 12-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #88
Jorge

Quote:
Auction it here... Dennis Keck sent me an email for $100... of course not selling shots at a banquet room would be illegal... just don't tell them to look under my table during the dinner part!!!! lol
There might be a bottle of Single Barrel under a table in the back. Just Sayin.....

Shut up, and cook!!!!

Old 12-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #89
Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
There might be a bottle of Single Barrel under a table in the back. Just Sayin.....
Damn, I have to talk Quau to sit in the back... Didn't think about that sitting up front. I'll tell him he has a longer way to walk to the stage and longer applause from the crowd. He'll appreciate that!

Hmmm Clonesicle shots of Jack Silver... Can you say buttah!!!

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle

Old 12-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #90
lunchlady
is one Smokin' Farker

YAY! I'm coming to KC (with a bunch of NEBS-peeps... as per the usual)...
and Ive already paid up for the after-bash as well!

Put yer money where yer mouth is folks, I suspect this will be a good time...

One short month and we'll be there! Counting the days...
[URL="http://www.nebs.org"][I][FONT=Century Gothic]www.nebs.org[/FONT][/I][/URL]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]2 Backwoods Partys [/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]WSM, 2 Weber kettles, Weber Performer[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]Large BGE[/FONT][/I]
lunchlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->