MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Some yardbird and a Weber score

Well since it was 65 here in Ohio yesterday I felt the need to smoke something up. So I busted out the cooker, went to Giant Eagle got some yard birds they had on sale for 2 for $7.

Got the birds spatchcocked and sprinkled with Big Poppas Money rub and Big Poppas Little Louies Seasoned Salt, put a couple pieces of butter under the skin and to the fridge for a bit.

I also hit my wife's filet with some of the Little Louies. Since I was trying to wrangle my one year old and cook at the same time im lacking in the pic department but I got what I could.

No for my Weber score. The power of persuasion is a wonderful thing. When I told the wife I wanted to cook something she said she wanted steak. I told her I didnt have a grill anymore since I gave my offset that doubled as a grill away earlier in the year.

Her reply was well I want steak so go get you one of those Webers that you have been wanting. So without hesitation it was off to walmart and I picked up a one touch gold to add to my cooking arsenal.

The best part about today was hanging out around the cooker with my son on a nice warm day.

Now for the pron..

Busted the cooker out

The yard birds on the cooker..as you can see the skin is a little beat up o them which is why I think they were on sale. Also even though this is a propane cooker I built a fire in one side and put the birds on the other and cooked with RO and wood splits.

The cook is going strong around 250.. my sons first cook..lol

Only got pics of one bird but th other looks just like it

The new toy

I didnt get any pic of the bird sliced up and plated since it didnt last long had a good buzz by then and was starving. But the chicken was nice and Juicy as always and great flavor from the BPS rubs.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
smokainmuskoka
is one Smokin' Farker

Great way to spend the day and nice, tasty looking results!
Your cooker - you mentioned you cooked with RO and splits. What's your propane tank for?
smokainmuskoka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Its built as a whole hog cooker the guy who built it preferred propane since it was set and forget it but when im not cooking whole hog i like to use coals and logs indirectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk