• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any one have a favorite off the shelf bbq sauce?

Motojoe

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
There are a lot of brands out there and just looking for a great off the shelf sauce for some ribs that i'm doing this weekend.
Thanks

It depends on what meat I'm cookin.I like different sauce tastes for different meats.

A lot out there to choose from in the store...

I buy on sale and mix with homemade sauce for layers of flavor.

I use or mix with these...

1) Stubbs (thinner not sticky sweet)

2) Sweet Baby Ray's Several Varieties

3) Razorback Mild http://www.rivercityspice.com/bbqsauce.html $11.00 a Gallon I use this for Events and parties as a time and labor saver.

I like Sweet Baby Ray's and Bone Suckin' Sauce. I also tried the Bullzeye Regional sauces and thought them to be pretty good. More interesting than the SBR or BSS actually.

I like Blue's Hog cut with some apple juice for ribs. Also Oklahoma Joe's and Sweet Baby Rays are good.

i don't really use sauce but when i do need it, its usually bullseye. wife likes the jack daniels stuff.

My personal favorite is Bullseye (Texas style of course). I then doctor to satisfy my taste, and the wife likes it too.

My family is big fans of Blues Hogs that we can buy locally at Food City stores.

I prefer something more vinegar based, but THEY like the sweet stuff.

HEB Brand Carolina and Texas sauces are amazing for a storebought and store brand product.

Scott's!

picture.php

I get sweet baby rays with honey.

I also get a gallon of sauce from Butch's Smack your lips BBQ every year at the NJ state BBQ championship. I think he charges me around $20 for the gallon bottle.

Chris

Recently got turned on to Head Country but haven't tried it on ribs yet. Sweet Baby Ray's was my standard until I found Head Country. Sam's sells it by the gallon. Some Walmarts have regular sized bottles.

Too many to list, but I like many for many different reasons. A few I like currently are LC's, Zarda, Cowtown (Ok. Joes), Sweet Baby Rays and Stubbs.

I probably have 10 different bottles of sauces from Dreamland (haven't tried it yet), Big Dutts (scored it for $.99), Longhorn, etc. I have a lot.

I also have about 5 or 6 bottles of sauces I've made that I've been experimenting with in my fridge too.

1. Foy's - vinegar based
2. Sticky fingers - any of them. all sweet or sweet-hot.

they all good, yall..

Many commercial sauces don't contain real sugar. I prefer sauces that do. Stubbs, Head Country are my favorites. All sugar, no HFCS.

Read the labels for sugar and sodium content. SBR is HFCS based, so I try to avoid, even though it tastes good.

Back