Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Covington (VA) Cork and Pork Festival (June 29-30)

planeles

Reaction score
Come join one of Virginia's newest KCBS sanctioned event. Free ice, free water, free electric, and great entertainment. Low team count and $8000.00 pot. No late registration fees! www.covingtoncorkandpork.com or contact Les Balgavy 540-960-1532.

We'll be there and can't wait. Come on guy's if your looking for a great time ya can't beat the mountains of Virginia in June!

And to all you golf enthusiasts, the PGA Tour will be 20 minutes away starting the Monday after the competition at the Greenbier Resort just across the state line in West Virginia and Tiger has confirmed he is playing in the event so you could make a week of it. http://www.greenbrierclassic.com/

We are looking forward to competing in beautiful Covington. Really surprised only 13 teams so far. He's been working hard to make this a great event.

See y'all there!
Chris

I had applied to judge this event the first day that the applications became available, and then they held a CBJ class and I was told that they intend to use mostly the newly trained CBJs from the class. Will be a whole bunch of inexperienced judges if that holds true.

I had applied to judge this event the first day that the applications became available, and then they held a CBJ class and I was told that they intend to use mostly the newly trained CBJs from the class. Will be a whole bunch of inexperienced judges if that holds true.

In the class, they said that they were only using 6 new judges from the class and held a drawing, so I don't think that is the case. KCBS Rep was even commenting to us about how difficult it will be for some of us to get into comps until we get our 1st one under our belt.

In the class, they said that they were only using 6 new judges from the class and held a drawing, so I don't think that is the case. KCBS Rep was even commenting to us about how difficult it will be for some of us to get into comps until we get our 1st one under our belt.

THANKS for that information!!! I was hoping that this first time contest could be sucessful, but wasn't giving it too much chance if they used all newbies! I might still stand a chance of judging this one.

Only four judges were selected from the group of 60 who took the class. Out of the original four who were offered a judging slot, two of them have since backed out for various schedule conflicts. The Covington Cork and Pork will be using experienced judges and for the teams, I would be more than happy to provide you with the number of years/contests each judge has judged. As a contest organizer, I recognize the effort of the teams and will do what I can to make it a professionally ran event. For the teams who have signed up, thanks for your support!

Not sure where the information came from that only new judges were being used. I would never do that to the competition teams!

I'll see you guys Friday evening! I was honored that Chris of Dizzy Pig called me and asked if I was free and could come help. He was flying solo and could use a hand.

I'll also have the honor of cooking with Chris on Dizzy Pig's 100th comp this wknd. This will also be Dan of 3Eyz 100th comp! What are the odds? I have a feeling there might be some partying going on. Maybe...

Hollywood N Swine will be there I confirmed with Les yesterday. Gonna be a good time this weekend for sure.

Back