About time I did a Fatty! 1st one EVER!

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
Well, Bugger Me Bruces' :becky:

I've never done a fatty before until tonight. Blue Lou was calling to me.... "Smoke a Fatty.... Smoke a Fatty!!:crazy:

I could not resist.... A few weeks ago when I was making hamburgers for 100 kids, I had enough left over to make a big meat roll... so this is more like a meat loaf I suppose, but what the hell..

Anyway, last Sunday, I also smoked 25# of bacon...:shocked::shocked: Yes... 25 pounds:bow:.

Here's my very first bacon weave with my home smoked bacon!
DSC_0001.jpg

I sorta wrapped the ends of the fatty roll and dusted with Simply Marvellous Season All before wrapping the fatty.
DSC_0005.jpg

And then dusted again after wrapping.
DSC_0006.jpg

THEN, I had farken visitors... :mad2: Two neighbours at two different times. So it was quite a long time before I got to take another photo... In fact, it was up to temp and ready to rest!
DSC_0008.jpg

Note there is some baked potatoes underneath, getting covered with Fatty Juice :tape:!

After 10 mins resting, it was ready to slice!
DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Here's the spuds!
DSC_0034.jpg

More fatty...
DSC_0038.jpg

Delicious!
DSC_0041.jpg

The family said it was the best fatty they had ever had!!!!!

And I was bloody stoked!:becky:

DSC_0039.jpg

Cheers!

Bill

Congrats on a great cook! Very tasty looking. You should listen to Blue Lou more often. :p

Soooo.....will you be doing this again? I'm pretty sure I know the answer. If I recall correctly you do some sausage making, correct? Take about a pound of sausage you've ground - don't stuff it - make a fatty out of it - and report back after you return to Earth!
Looks fantastic btw! I've been thinking about doing some bacon and this is another one of those pushes that'll get me closer to doing it - thanks for posting!

Very nice!:cool: Definitely do what GTR suggested....sausage fatties are awesome!:becky:

So, how did it taste? It looks amazing. I have been thinking of doing a "bacon cheeseburger" fatty by mixing some grated cheddar with ground beef and wrapping in bacon weave. Did the flavor work well together?

^^^ Yes, It was even better than I expected! The bacon was killer, and the fatty has been seasoned with lots of other spices and a healthy dose of Zachs Brisket Rub!

Nesxt time I make my own sausage mix, I'll definately be doing enough to make a few fatties as well. A Boerewars Fatty would be awesome!

Cheers!

Bill

^^^ Yes, It was even better than I expected! The bacon was killer, and the fatty has been seasoned with lots of other spices and a healthy dose of Zachs Brisket Rub!

Nesxt time I make my own sausage mix, I'll definately be doing enough to make a few fatties as well. A Boerewars Fatty would be awesome!

Cheers!

Bill

Hmmm....genious!:cool:
It's Boerewors Auszie.:thumb:

Back