• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Vote Now to Decide the Master of the Tri-Tip Roast!

Who among the following has displayed the ultimate mastery of the Tri-Tip Roast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Who will become the [size=+2]Tri-Tip MASTER[/size] and forever claim absolute mastery of this fantastic cut of meat?

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Tuesday 4/3.

Click Here to go to the Entry thread, or click on the person's name to go to that person's entry post which may have even more pics/info.

PLEASE NOTE: The option to vote for Gore's entry has been moved. Please click on his entry (click the name Gore below) to see how to vote for his entry.

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
1586935_Raw_SmokinAussie.jpg

1586935_Cooking_SmokinAussie.jpg

1586935_Finished_SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]dannypat21[/size]
1588046_Raw_dannypat21.jpg

1588046_Cooking_dannypat21.jpg

1588046_Finished_dannypat21.jpg

[size=+2]Groundhog66[/size]
1589416_Raw_Groundhog66.jpg

1589416_Cooking_Groundhog66.jpg

1589416_Finished_Groundhog66.jpg

[size=+2]campdude[/size]
1591099_Raw_campdude.jpg

1591099_Cooking_campdude.jpg

1591099_Finished_campdude.jpg

[size=+2]deepsouth[/size]
1591123_Raw_deepsouth.jpg

1591123_Cooking_deepsouth.jpg

1591123_Finished_deepsouth.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1591134_Raw_Gore.jpg

1591134_Cooking_Gore.jpg

1591134_Finished_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]vhram[/size]
1591364_Raw_vhram.jpg

1591364_Cooking_vhram.jpg

1591364_Finished_vhram.jpg

[size=+2]AndyDuncan[/size]
1591370_Raw_AndyDuncan.jpg

1591370_Cooking_AndyDuncan.jpg

1591370_Finished_AndyDuncan.jpg

[size=+2]Will work for BBQ[/size]
1591827_Raw_Will_work_for_BBQ.jpg

1591827_Cooking_Will_work_for_BBQ.jpg

1591827_Finished_Will_work_for_BBQ.jpg

[size=+2]OakPit[/size]
1592164_Raw_OakPit.jpg

1592164_Cooking_OakPit.jpg

1592164_Finished_OakPit.jpg

[size=+2]goro25[/size]
1592194_Raw_goro25.jpg

1592194_Cooking_goro25.jpg

1592194_Finished_goro25.jpg

such a shame that the quality of the photo affects votes. I'm voting Groundhog. that's an awesome final product. The flash kind of hurt his photo. Pulled a copy and opened up in Picasa and fooled around with it....Winning!!

such a shame that the quality of the photo affects votes. I'm voting Groundhog. that's an awesome final product. The flash kind of hurt his photo. Pulled a copy and opened up in Picasa and fooled around with it....Winning!!

I would love to see that pic :shocked: I never modify my photos at all, I guess maybe I should start.

Dang it! I've all but been in traction with a bulging disc and I would have kicked your A$$E$ on his one!!! I am seriously a ~what Samuel L Jackson's wallet says in Pulp fiction~ when it come to tri tip. When I can walk again, hell sit up for that matter….
Had to go with campdude though...WTH Gore??? I clicked the link...I need a back story on that one!

Amazing. I thought one of the Californians would run away with this. I gotta give it to SmokinAussie - and that's not even taking into account he's way down there and has never seen, let alone cooked one of these before :shock:. That pic just says "eat me you farker!".

I would risk getting attacked by whatever dangerous critters they have down there for a bit of that tri-tip.:thumb: Nice work, sir! :thumb:

This was surprisingly easy for me this time, unlike the ribs which killed me to choose. I just felt Bill nailed it.

They all make my mouth water :grouphug:

To me, IMO only, all the ones with the Santa Maria Rubs just made me do double takes, I was stuck between Dannypat and Groundhog, Groundhog's degree of doneness applealed more to my liking :clap:

Bill, the meat looked great but if you'd sliced it more you'd've gotten my (our) vote.

Although Gore's tri-tip fattie substance was intriguing :)shocked:), we gave it to groundhog66. Nice work, everyone!

You can turn a steak from overcooked to blood rare with a simple red adjustment. Perhaps there should be some limits on what's allowed. Unfortunately some cameras skew towards the over-saturated, redder side anyway, so then you'd just be favoring people with those cameras.

I think it's pretty obvious which ones are touched up, but maybe that's just me spending too many years in photoshop.

For the record, I didn't do any adjustment on my photos.

EDIT: on re-reading this, I sound like a whiney little girl. I don't give a rat's butt what people do to their photos, that's what the vote button is for. Some great looking tips in there. Doesn't look like I'm going to win this one, but I already got to eat it, that's good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gore should be making his big comeback soon.

Uhhh, Chris, ... it's a little hard to make a comeback when I don't even have a farking voting bubble. :mad2: I worked very hard on that entry. In fact, I probably spent more time actually cooking my entry than anybody else. I know it probably was a little unfair that I had such better marbling than everybody else, but I really shouldn't be penalized for finding such a good supplier. Was it the squirrel? Was it the cheerleading pic? Or are you still mad that Donnie won the flip and got to be Mindy Vega in the last episode? Well, this just doesn't seem right. :tsk:

Dang it! I've all but been in traction with a bulging disc and I would have kicked your A$$E$ on his one!!! I am seriously a ~what Samuel L Jackson's wallet says in Pulp fiction~ when it come to tri tip. When I can walk again, hell sit up for that matter….

Looking forward to seeing it. Get better.

Back