MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #1546
mchar69
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Made a batch of your pickles and they went into 4 jars.
Ate a whole jar last nite - AWESOME!
Letting them sit for a couple of days was the ticket. Thanks!
mchar69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 03-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #1547
gazz_46
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Epic journey, fantastic read....read the full story here, now heading off to FB to check out more.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #1548
ahawkeyeguy
Found some matches.

Great thread. Planning a cross country trip this summer - and had to put this on the map!
ahawkeyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #1549
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Big catering orders are starting to roll in. Got one for 50 tomorrow, another next week, and had somebody leave a message on the machine yesterday about doing 150-200.

So, who wants to buy me another smoker?

Need to add to staff as well, because three of my cooks are occasionally getting into OT territory. They are working their asses off and I appreciate it, but they are tired and I can tell. Plus, since they are working all they can, I'm screwed if anyone wants to take time off, calls in sick, etc.

We've also been discussing moving to table service so that we can keep take-out separate. The system right now isn't working when it's busy. There's a line out the door and some people have already called ahead for pick-up order, others are in line to eat in, and people waiting for their take-out are just sitting in booths or seats waiting for their food so those who do want to dine in can't find a seat even though there may be some available, etc. It's a clusterfark.

Good problems to have, no doubt, but it's certainly something that wasn't anticipated from the beginning.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #1550
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Kate Upton. At The Prized Pig? Possibly. The saga continues...
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #1551
BBQ Tim
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
SI Swim Suit Shoot?
BBQ Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #1552
2Fat
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
well it's almost home for her right??
KCBS #9269 and #4605
Blazen Gridiron
BWS Competitor--sold
BWS Pro Jr--sold
BWS party(all SS)
BDS--on loan
BGE
2Fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2014, 02:57 AM   #1553
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Kate Upton + brisket fat... I'll make the damn trip to see that.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #1554
Burnt at Both Endz
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Calvin

Quote:
Well, the water heater broke down Wednesday during lunch. By a stroke of luck my equipment repair guy happened to come in for lunch and he checked it out after he ate. He got the bad element replaced and it only cost me a pulled pork sandwich.

And yes, there is a small patio for some tables, plus over an acre of land to use. One of my cooks makes picnic tables and said if I supply the materials he will make some.

Also, one of the area BBQ restaurants suddenly closed today without warning or explanation. I just saw someone mention it and when I talked to my food guy today I asked him what happened since they are his account as well. apparently I was the first to break the news to him because he said he just took an order from them on Friday.
Looks like some possible staff(experienced) looking for a job and you are in need of some more staff. Looks like a good deal for you.
Burnt at Both Endz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #1555
bander7003
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt at Both Endz View Post
Looks like some possible staff(experienced) looking for a job and you are in need of some more staff. Looks like a good deal for you.
Maybe even another smoker or some equipment to purchase.

Klose 24x50 BYC
Backwoods Fatboy
Weber Kettle
[COLOR=blue]Rock Chalk Jayhawk Blue[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Thermapen[/COLOR]
Weber Gasser (out of gas)
bander7003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #1556
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
We've also been discussing moving to table service so that we can keep take-out separate. The system right now isn't working when it's busy. There's a line out the door and some people have already called ahead for pick-up order, others are in line to eat in, and people waiting for their take-out are just sitting in booths or seats waiting for their food so those who do want to dine in can't find a seat even though there may be some available, etc. It's a clusterfark.

Good problems to have, no doubt, but it's certainly something that wasn't anticipated from the beginning.
Table service will slow your table turns considerably. What about curb service for takout? Designate one or two parking spaces for take out and have a staff member dedicated to doing curb service. They call / fax their order in when they pull up the car hop goes out, gets the name (your POS system might even support a mobile device register) pull the order, get payment and send them on their way. Check out an Outback if there is one in the area - they do this process very well.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #1557
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Why not a "pickup only" line? I still think you should only take phone orders for a certain amount of money or lbs.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:36 AM   #1558
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

Pecan Lodge has a separate "Express Line" where it takes 5-10 minutes vs over an hour. To qualify for the express line you have to order at least 5 lbs of meat.
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #1559
insaneh
Full Fledged Farker

How about a take out window? Keep the inside from getting overwhelmed.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #1560
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
If there was ever a thing to qualify for "pics or it didn't happen" it would be this.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote