MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Threats at a BBQ comp???..what should we do?

At the last few contests a guy has brought his son along..I've watched this kid(25 or so)bounce from camp to camp sponging beer and cigarettes and just kinda being in the way..well at this weekends last comp this same kid threatened another competitor who just had surgery.he actually told this guy he would f him up and this guy he threatened is twice his age..I really wanted to post this here for all to see and get the opinions of you all..I think this kid should be banned from any further contests..plus he doesn't even cook!
Facebook:[url]https://m.facebook.com/pages/Leftcoast-Q/125103440847709?id=125103440847709&_rdr[/url]
Our website:
[url]http://www.leftcoastq.com/Leftcoastq.com/Home.html[/url]
big matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

You know what's really bad? I think I know who you mean.

What really should happen is that the person should be reported to the contest reps.

I would hope that the team would receive a warning and then with continued complaints, the team could even face disqualification.

CAUSES FOR DISQUALIFICATION & EVICTION of a team, its
members and/or guests: A cook team is responsible jointly
and severally for its head cook, its team members and its
guests.
a. Excessive use of alcoholic beverages or public
intoxication with a disturbance.**
b. Serving alcoholic beverages to the general public.
c. Use of illegal controlled substances.
d. Foul, abusive, or unacceptable language or any
language causing a disturbance.
e. Excessive noise, including but not limited to that
generated from speakers, such as radios, CD players,
TVs, public address systems or amplifying equipment,
will not be allowed during quiet time, designated to
start at 11:00 p.m. on contest nights and will last until
7:00 a.m. unless otherwise determined by the event.
f. Fighting and/or disorderly conduct.
g. Theft, dishonesty, cheating, use of prohibited meats,
or any act involving moral turpitude.
h. Use of gas or other auxiliary heat sources inside the
cooking device.
i.*** Violation of any of the KCBS Cook’s Rules above, save
and except #9 – 13.**
Excessive or continued complaints from teams on any of
the above rule infractions shall be considered grounds for
immediate disqualification from the contest by KCBS
Representatives, Organizers and/or Security. In addition,
any violation of the above rules shall be reported to the
KCBS Board of Directors who may in addition to the above
disqualification impose additional penalties upon the team,
the head cook, and its members including but not limited to
disqualification from competing in KCBS events for a period
of time not to exceed five years. All complaints of
disturbance or violation of quiet time shall be reported to
the Board of Directors
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
watertowerbbq
is One Chatty Farker

First, if he is 25 he's not a kid. If a recent surgery was profound enough to still be affecting your ability to be at a contest, stay home. Otherwise, that should not be an issue. Too many details missing. Security should have been alerted at the contest to remove anyone making threats. Banning people may sound good, but nearly impossible to enforce. If the guy is a tool, just avoid him.
Previous: BWS Competitor (sold 2012), WSM - 18.5" (2009, sold 2011), WSM - 18.5" (2004, sold 2010)
Superfast Orange Thermopen, Yellow MK4, Fireboard, Railroad Detective
watertowerbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

First I am hearing of this Matt. His arse should be banned from contests before he runs into the wrong site with his BS. Some of us have low tolerance for bullies and might get into a little trouble ourselves dealing with him.

Where was the security?

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Do the idiot a favor and tell his dad because like BBS said he is lucky not to walk in to the wrong site and get an arse whoopin.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

The powers that be need to first talk to the guy's father. If he does nothing to correct the situation then action should be taken on him.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by watertowerbbq View Post
First, if he is 25 he's not a kid. If a recent surgery was profound enough to still be affecting your ability to be at a contest, stay home. Otherwise, that should not be an issue. Too many details missing. Security should have been alerted at the contest to remove anyone making threats. Banning people may sound good, but nearly impossible to enforce. If the guy is a tool, just avoid him.
Matt: With all due respect, I have a 25 year old, and yes they are still very much a kid.
Heck I am still working on maturing.

In this case, he should be reported to the organizers, on-site security, and an official complaint logged against the team through KCBS.

There is zero tolerance for such shenanigans where I compete.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by watertowerbbq View Post
I hear ya there the guy he made the threats to is fine to be at a comp and a big enough man to not push it further..good choice on his part IMO..we are there to have fun and enjoy our time.
Facebook:[url]https://m.facebook.com/pages/Leftcoast-Q/125103440847709?id=125103440847709&_rdr[/url]
Our website:

Old 01-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
JD McGee

This idiot is probably a mean drunk...I have babysat enough of them in my Navy days to know you can't talk sense to them when they're drinking...call security or the contest rep and let them deal with him! If he threatens someone again he might not be so lucky to walk away with all his teeth...just sayin'!
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
First I am hearing of this Matt. His arse should be banned from contests before he runs into the wrong site with his BS. Some of us have low tolerance for bullies and might get into a little trouble ourselves dealing with him.

Where was the security?
couldn't have been said better Steph!..I really don't know if i could be a big enough man to walk away if someone told me they would f me up..but i dont go to comps to get into any kind of confrontations..the worst part is this guy doesn't even cook with anybody..just a tarzan swinging!
Our website:

Old 01-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #11
LM600
Full Fledged Farker

A comp. is a public place right? So, call the police and let them deal with the little sh*t.

Or just explain to him that some people take it for granted that they can chew their own food....
LM600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by big matt View Post
At the last few contests a guy has brought his son along..I've watched this kid(25 or so)bounce from camp to camp sponging beer and cigarettes and just kinda being in the way..well at this weekends last comp this same kid threatened another competitor who just had surgery.he actually told this guy he would f him up and this guy he threatened is twice his age..I really wanted to post this here for all to see and get the opinions of you all..I think this kid should be banned from any further contests..plus he doesn't even cook!
Can you clarify one thing, Matt? Is he on a team, or just visiting? If he's on a team then the matter should be brought up to he KCBS reps and they should deal with it according to the rule (in particular, d and f in the rule quoted above). If he's a visitor, then either the organizer or the local piloce should be involved.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Can you clarify one thing, Matt? Is he on a team, or just visiting? If he's on a team then the matter should be brought up to he KCBS reps and they should deal with it according to the rule (in particular, d and f in the rule quoted above). If he's a visitor, then either the organizer or the local piloce should be involved.
Ron..no he's not on any team..he was tagging along with his dad who was lending out his equipment
Our website:

Old 01-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by big matt View Post
Ron..no he's not on any team..he was tagging along with his dad who was lending out his equipment
Then, unfortunately, he's not under the jurisdiction of the KCBS or their Reps or rules. He should be reported to the local police or on site security if there is any.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
Sylvie
Full Fledged Farker

Hopefully his dad will read this thread. If not, then I think the dad might need someone to bring it to his attention before there are any further disruptions that may be embarrassing as well as resulting in some adverse outcome to all.
BWS Party G2
Two 18.5 inch WSMs, One 22.5 inch WSMs,
one 22.5 inch Blue One Touch Gold Kettle
Hot Pink Thermapen
20 ft custom BBQ trailer
Sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->