• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breaking vs Cimeter

DBH

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get a larger knife for trimming butts and the like. Looking at the Victorinox 10" Breaking and Cimeter. Brand aside, which style do you prefer?

I like a 6" semi stiff boner for meat prep work. My goto is a Dexter Russel and I have a Victornox as a Backup.

I use a Cimeter right now, for large trims, the semi-stiff boning knife is often in hand as well. I also like using a butcher knife for many tasks, but, currently, that is not something I own.

My two weapons of choice, the Vitorinox Cimeter for big trimming - briskets, St Louis ribs and the 6' flexible boning knife for just about everything else.

I have the Victorinox 10" breaking knife. I use it on butt's and clods. Never used the cimeter so can't comment on the difference although I believe it is a tad heavier? The breaking knife works fine for what I use it for.

Ok, ok, I about spit my coffee when I saw Bludawg's post.

I'm still up in the air on which knife to order tho. Remember I'm really looking for a knife to trim fat caps from larger cuts. Anyone used a breaking and cimeter have a preference of one over the other? I hope to order today.

Ok, ok, I about spit my coffee when I saw Bludawg's post.

I'm still up in the air on which knife to order tho. Remember I'm really looking for a knife to trim fat caps from larger cuts. Anyone used a breaking and cimeter have a preference of one over the other? I hope to order today.
:yo:I was hoping for the hot coffee nasal flush I need to work on my material more:biggrin1:

Back