I'm Planning to Start a Catering Business.

Finally got a hold of the HD today after searching for nearly 2 hours trying to figure out who to get a hold of. Looks like I'd need a commissary even with a fully contained trailer. However if I hit all the local fairs where there are booths already setup I can get a yearly license for $65.00 and they go to all the places where I'd be selling and inspect the place. I need to find out what the place needs to pass muster with the HD.

Whatever these guys tell you to charge for your goods DO IT!! Trust me I bid a few jobs a bit low so I could get a start and now I see why the charges are what they are.

Go for it brother I am probably a little bit ahead of you as far as catering experience goes but I am taking my lumps. I have posted some horror stories can't wait to hear yours. Just know it's a learning experience. Big Mista, CRocke, Marsha and all the other experienced caterers will be glad to offer advice. Best of luck

Whatever these guys tell you to charge for your goods DO IT!! Trust me I bid a few jobs a bit low so I could get a start and now I see why the charges are what they are.
hey most guys get $6.00 fer just a pp sammie- i do $5.oo for the same w/ pickle wedge, onion slice, a side (real home spiced cut fries & a drink for $5.00 are what they do in this welfare farm town....

Business plan, business plan, business plan...you will be glad you did! And if you plan to borrow money for your venture you will need it. You can find a software program at staples or any office supply that makes it easier. Good luck with your new venture!!

Back