MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Menu Change

Hey folx!

I just updated the menus on our site. Can you take a look at them and let me know what you think?

http://www.bigmista.com

Thanks!

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Bigdog

For your pre-ordered meals at the Farmer's Market, I felt like you need to put an: Order by date and time.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
Divemaster

The 'Vending Menu' looks great. Very clear and concise, easy to read, and great descriptions without being to wordy.

The 'Catering Menu' looks good in general, but of course I do have a couple of comments and questions....
MRS. MISTA?2 Meats and BIGMISTA?3 Meats - Why is there a '?' after the 'MISTA'? I don't know if it explorer that is causing it or not.
(12 and under?????.25 minimum) - Not a big fan of all the '?'
Also, it took me a moment to figure out how to read them. I don't know why but I kept wanting to read left to right and not break them into the three columns you had set up. Is there any kind of vertical separator that you could use to make it more distinguishable?

Hope I'm not being to picky...
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
BBQ Grail

Neil,

The Catering Menu is just to hard to read. I would drop the white type on black background. That might make it a little easier. But overall it's just jumbled.

Sorry!

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Marsha
Full Fledged Farker

The vending menu looks good. The catering menu is a bit confusing... it doesn't "flow"
Old 12-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #6
wnkt
is One Chatty Farker

Made me hungry...and I just got done eating.

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood
--saying in a fortune cookie--
wnkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I would put trophy's and other awards in pictures on the site. I looked for them under competition. I think this addition will help people to see the difference and obvious quality.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
MrsMista
Full Fledged Farker

Center all the yellow headings. Stop the pricings from wrapping. Center the links that are going across the top. And if you're moving those up then you should be consistent on your other pages. Or you could listen to me and attach a pdf.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bigmista_Catering_Menu.pdf (226.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf Watts_Vending_Menu.pdf (204.7 KB, 12 views)
MrsMista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #9
BBQ Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMista View Post
Center all the yellow headings. Stop the pricings from wrapping. Center the links that are going across the top. And if you're moving those up then you should be consistent on your other pages. Or you could listen to me and attach a pdf.
Listen to the wife, Stinky Boy!

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Bigmista

I don't like .pdf files. They take too long to load and it doesn't match the rest of the site. And print doesn't translate to the web.

So there.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Old 12-08-2008, 06:40 PM   #11
BBQ Grail

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
I don't like .pdf files. They take too long to load and it doesn't match the rest of the site. And print doesn't translate to the web.

So there.
Actually, as a Certified Acrobat Engineer, I would have to disagree. If you create a PDF for the purpose of putting it on a website (it's called optimizing for web viewing) it will load faster.

The problem most people have is that they create complicated original documents and feel like they need to create them in high resolution. When creating for web viewing that's not needed.

There are a variety of different ways to accomplish your task without creating a PDF that bogs down the system.

The main advantage of a PDF is that it can be saved to a person's desktop and is a constant reminder they want to do business with you.

But what do I know...

Email me for details.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
Bigmista

You know NOTHING!!!!

But tell MrsMista how to do that optimizy thing anyway.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Old 12-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #13
MrsMista
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trp1fox View Post
Actually, as a Certified Acrobat Engineer, I would have to disagree. If you create a PDF for the purpose of putting it on a website (it's called optimizing for web viewing) it will load faster.

The problem most people have is that they create complicated original documents and feel like they need to create them in high resolution. When creating for web viewing that's not needed.

There are a variety of different ways to accomplish your task without creating a PDF that bogs down the system.

The main advantage of a PDF is that it can be saved to a person's desktop and is a constant reminder they want to do business with you.

But what do I know...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
MrsMista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #14
NotleyQue
Full Fledged Farker

Neil. I have to agree with Larry.

The Catering Menu is very hard to read, and in this day of very short attention spans people will move on to the next more easy to read menu.

Keep it simple for the folks.
Add pictures of the food, not trophys, people want to see what they are eating, not what you have won.

Just spend a bit more time tweaking the Catering portion and you are set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trp1fox View Post
Neil,

The Catering Menu is just to hard to read. I would drop the white type on black background. That might make it a little easier. But overall it's just jumbled.

Sorry!

[CENTER][B]Notley Que BBQ: Southern California's Finest BBQ Catering[/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black]Meat is Murder......Tasty Tasty Murder[/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
NotleyQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #15
BBQ Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
You know NOTHING!!!!

But tell MrsMista how to do that optimizy thing anyway.
What "full" version of Adobe Acrobat do you have? Can't be "Reader".

Email me for details.