Can you do burnt ends...

cameraman

Babbling Farker
in the oven? When my brisket comes off my ribs go right on. I'd love to do burnt ends but my kettle can't fit three racks AND burnt ends.

you can make them in the oven. I did some that way a few weeks ago when i was cooking for a group, and had to finish some after we had moved into the kitchen. I use a grill basket on the smoker, but use a disposal pan when i do them in the oven. Be sure you don;t have too much liquid int eh bottom, sometimes a grate is needed to keep the pieces dry so they will get crispy. Good luck

They won't get any more smoke, but as long as you cook them slow I think they will taste great.

Do them in the kettle in a disposable pan on the direct side (over the coals). Put them on a rack inside the pan to keep them from burning to the bottom. Keep an eye on them, they'll cook pretty quickly this way.

I made some burnt ends in the oven once. There's a reason I only did it once. It didn't take on any new flavor from the smoke at all. It made a huge difference and wasn't worth it in my opinion. Burnt end are my favorite, I guess I might be picky.

Yes you can...are you using real burn't ends or using the point? Never mind...doesn't matter...after your briskie hits an internal temp of 140ish it will no longer absorb smoke...so don't sweat the small stuff there. Cube the point or ends and toss them in a pan with your favorite bbq sauce...put them in a 275-300 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes until the sauce sets then cover them with foil and let rest for 15 minutes before munchin'...enjoy! :p

Back