Cooking for your BBQ Joint

F

fevoice

I'm taking over a defunct BBQ joint and while I'm gonna use it for catering only at first - I will want to open the doors to the public in the near future.

Question. When you're preparing food for the days or week ahead do you pre-cook a bunch of Q and then re-heat as needed or do you try and cook everyday?

If you pre cook Ribs, how do you re-heat? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I smoke everyday. I do a case of pork and beef every night and in the morning it is done. Ribs I try to do everyday but when I know I won't sell them today I pull them out 3/4 of the way done. The next day I put them in for the rest of the time. After I take them out of the smoker I keep all my BBQ in a electric food warmer covered. I slice or pull everything to order, the ribs I finish off on a grill. If you need any questions answered or would like to know something specific please call 586.775.7427 ask for Deni.

Thats about it but I will do my pork for a week at a time vac and reheat as I need with apple juice or chicken stock. Same with the brisket and reheat that in ajus sauce. Ribs I do as an order only I am just not a reheat fan on those but it can be done. Search this section there is alot of good info on this here. Good Luck!!

I smoke everyday. I do a case of pork and beef every night and in the morning it is done. Ribs I try to do everyday but when I know I won't sell them today I pull them out 3/4 of the way done. The next day I put them in for the rest of the time. After I take them out of the smoker I keep all my BBQ in a electric food warmer covered. I slice or pull everything to order, the ribs I finish off on a grill. If you need any questions answered or would like to know something specific please call 586.775.7427 ask for Deni.

Now thats a helpful Brethren!

Nice job Deni! :cool:

Back