BBQ Brethren's 2008 Throwdown Wrap-Up ...

Bacon

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Much thanks to J.D. for putting this Throwdown thing together. I has been fun and hopefully it will continue.

Here are all of the Victors through the past few months....

Week one - Beef

Winner - Rick's Tropical Delight with Beef Wellington

beefwellington-050.jpg

Week two - Pork

Winner - River City Smokehouse with a Pulled Pork Sandwich

butts1005aw1.jpg

Week three - Chicken

Winner - thireye with Grilled Chicken over a bed of Basmati Rice with Saffron

DSC05772CHICKENTHROWDOWN1.jpg

Week four - Seafood

Winner - River City Smokehouse with Yellow Fin Tuna, Grilled Butterflied Shrimp, and a Small grilled Octopus ontop

of pineapple

Seafood002w.jpg

Week five - Breads

Winner - River City Smokehouse with Banana Pecan Monkey Bread

bread003aw1.jpg

Week six - Desserts

Winner - Mayday with a Mango Flambe

GrilledMangowithMangoIceCreamIMG_29.jpg

Week seven - Veggies

Winner - thirdeye with Grilled Corn on the cob

Throwdown7corn.jpg

Week eight - Ultimate Throwdown

Winner - thirdeye with Ribs, Sausage and Beans

UltimateThrowdownB2.jpg

Week nine - Turkey Day "Leftovers"

Winner - Rick's Tropical Delight with Rick's Super Balls

superballsIV-010.jpg

Week ten - Wings

Winner - Bacon with Wings

201.jpg

Week eleven - Appetizers

Winner - thirdeye with MOINK balls and Mango Chipotle Sauce

DSC06443JPGa.jpg

Week twelve - Burgers

Winner Bowhunter with a Turkey Burger

attachment.php

RTD, RCS, and Thirdeye can't enter any in 2009!!! Just kidding. It is alway wonderful to learn from what they are doing and sharing. Congrats to all the great food prepared, fun, and winners. Thanks especially to JD!! Happy New Year to all the great brothers and sisters out there.

THAT'S!! What I'm talkin about!! Why I'm here that is... to learn from some of the best!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clapThose are some of the best dish's I've sean in a long time Geat job fella's. And thanks for posting this.

Nice recap Jason...thanks for putting it together! :p You'll have 52 more to do next year! :twisted: Happy New Year to all! :biggrin:

Great pics and congrats to all the winners. Great lookin' pron!

Frognot. In a previous post I was just speaking on oak and common wood aroud my stomping ground. Not sure about Cerry wood for $60 a rick. Oak, yes....

Fun season of Throwdown. I think RTD, RCS and 3rdeye have to take their pron pics with some cheapo cameras. Those pics are sooooo gooooood. Happy New Year to all.

Thanks Bacon for putting this together. The week 2 pulled pork is still my favorite. Can't wait for all the new ones.

Bacon, good job rooting through the archives, this is a heck of a collection to say the least.

Thanks Bacon for putting this together. The week 2 pulled pork is still my favorite. Can't wait for all the new ones.

I agree with you, that is an awesome sammy and photograph.

Fun season of Throwdown. I think RTD, RCS and 3rdeye have to take their pron pics with some cheapo cameras. Those pics are sooooo gooooood. Happy New Year to all.

Maybe I'll change-up the delivery for 2009 :biggrin:

burg2Oil.jpg

Great recap of the Throwdowns, it was something I looked forward to each week, probably one of the best series of threads that we have had here. GOOD JOB BRETHREN. A round of applause for JD for thinking of it and to all who participated.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Yeah, way to make the rest of us feel like losers that can't take photos. :) Great start to 2009... Good thing I have beer in the house to cry in later!

i'd like to thank all the brethren that cast their votes my way. every week contained some really tough competition and deciding on just one to vote for was a difficult task. thank you :biggrin:

i've sensed an overall improvement in the level of pron displayed here on the forum as a direct result of the throw-downs. these threads have been invaluable as each brethren has strived to improve the quality of their photographs and their food. great job everyone :!:

Thanks Bacon for putting this together, JD for running the throwdowns all year, and RTD...I have to agree ^^^^^^ I know it has mde me work on mine.

i'd like to thank all the brethren that cast their votes my way. every week contained some really tough competition and deciding on just one to vote for was a difficult task. thank you :biggrin:

i've sensed an overall improvement in the level of pron displayed here on the forum as a direct result of the throw-downs. these threads have been invaluable as each brethren has strived to improve the quality of their photographs and their food. great job everyone :!:

For me, the plate shots were always my weak side, so I've improved a bunch there. Even though everyone's 3 picture entries usually included a pit shot, in looking at the pictures, all the winners were plate shots, with the exception of your Super Balls.

Bacon, good job rooting through the archives, this is a heck of a collection to say the least.

I agree with you, that is an awesome sammy and photograph.

Maybe I'll change-up the delivery for 2009 :biggrin:

burg2Oil.jpg

Looks kinda Norman Rockwellish...I like it! :p I find it a bit odd that I've hosted all the throwdowns...but have yet to win one! :rolleyes: Perhaps this will gain me a few sympathy votes in the future! :twisted::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for compiling this Bacon!:cool:

These are a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to doing some more in 2009.

Back