Tonights grilled pron, Elk steaks

G

gpalasz

Took out some Elk steaks last night to thaw...good stuff
Elk 1.jpg

Elk 2.jpg

Those look quite tasty. Do they come any bigger?

Elk tastes just like beef. My wife said she would never eat Elk, I told her it was some sirloin steaks I thawed, she had no idea:twisted:

They come as big as you cut them. My buddy gave me these since I bring a lot of Q to work, this was the last of the elk :cry: I ate the larger steaks months ago

Looks good. My wife would eat calamari until I told her what what is was.

Funny you would post that today. I am up in Wyoming and my son grilled some Elk steaks tonight. I had never tried it before. It did taste pretty much like beef, I thought it had just a little different taste and the consistency of the meat was a little different. I guess Elk is a real lean meat.

Looks mighty tasty!

The best meat I have ever put in my mouth was Moose, hands down.

I'd take Moose over beef anyday!

Looks good! I was under the impression that all game meat had to be cooked well done (because of parasites)? Am I mistaken? Or was this farm elk, which I'm guessing is gov't regulated and inspected?

Well done will ruin most game meat. We instruct our customers to cook game cuts to medrare or med at most because of how lean it is.

Like some of the others have written, I never had Elk but it looks like you grilled it perfectly and I'm sure it tasted great too.

Elk Steaks

That just the way I like my steak. I never tried elk but I would love to try a bite of them felets. Send it on down.:grin:

beautiful!

last time i had elk steaks we wrapped them in bacon, seared them in a cast iron skillet, and smoked them. then we went hiking on mt baker in washington state... where they have grizzly bears...
mmmmmmm... elk stuffed humans :shock:

Looks good! I was under the impression that all game meat had to be cooked well done (because of parasites)? Am I mistaken? Or was this farm elk, which I'm guessing is gov't regulated and inspected?

Oh good lord no man!!!! If you cook wild game well or even close to well done, you cant eat it with mechanical chompers!:lol:
Med-rare to med is the way to go. This was cooked perfect by the look of the pic. :eusa_clap

Back