After Party at the Banquet - Interested?

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Some of you may have missed this in the main banquet thread. Here's the deal:

In past years, many of us have gotten chased from room to room by hotel security responding to complaints of noise and told to quiet down or we'd be asked to leave. In hopes that everyone can find a place to go after the party where we won't get shut down, the idea was raised to try to reserve a small banquet room where we can visit, have a cash bar (we can't BYOB) and have some fun without the hotel continually interrupting the fun!

I've checked with the catering department at the Hyatt Regency Kansas City and here's the prices:

$600 - Room from after the banquet til about 1 am
$75 - Bartender fee for cash bar
$65 - Taxes
$740 - Total

The plan is to have anyone wanting to attend pay $10 each (so $20 per couple) to contribute for the use of the room. It supposedly holds 250 people. If we got that many, we'd actually raise $1,760 more than we need. We talked about donating the remainder to CancerSucksChicago for cancer research. I'd be interested to know if everyone attending would be good with splitting the funds left 50/50 with CancerSucksChicago and Kookers Kare? A full 250 people would mean $880 to each organization.

If you're in for this, reply to this thread that you are and how many "tickets" you're in for. Then PayPal $10 for each person in your group to BigCreekBBQ@EmbarQmail.com and I will send you a "ticket" for each $10.

We need to get it rolling quickly as this is the only room left according to the banquet and catering people at the Hyatt.

Thanks!

Thank You Jeff
Cookers Care is a worthy cause to pair with Cancersucks
We will do two tickets
Will we have a higher "at the door price" or?

Come on peeps! Let's get on the ball! Trust me - any partying and fun you want to do otherwise in the hotel will be in a loud bar or broken up by security in rooms. So far, Ron has sent $20. Mine makes $40.

Thank You Jeff
Cookers Care is a worthy cause to pair with Cancersucks
We will do two tickets
Will we have a higher "at the door price" or?

I don't know... probably not. Can't see charging more than $10 each. The benefit here is the atmosphere and not having to be shut down by security for being too loud. Well, that's if you don't count getting to be around Thom. :p

Just a stupid question? but could the party just be in the KCBS banquet room? Maybe they don't need to have a set-up fee? They could clear the room for 30 minutes and them let us in? So you could still collect at the door? Especially if you tell them that you are trying to raise some extra cash for foundations? I've found that folks bend the rules a little more for foundations and for work to help others....

OK, I have a new fun and exciting way to raise more cash at this after banquet party for Kookers Kare and cancersuckschicago.com... A certain Admin :doh: from this site has volunteered to completely shave his head for charity. While I thought it would be a generous offer of both this Admin and whom ever won the right. I'm thinking more money could be raised if it was pooled together.... I mean, think of the new shaved head avatar we would be blessed with!!!

also, by chance, I have a set of clippers that I would be willing to bring to the after party!!! I can start the bidding off at $20, with the option of donating more to the pool! :becky:

***To prtotect the innocent, names have not been used. It has been cleared with his wife, because my understanding is you don't want a Texas A&M girl pissed at you. Welll, I've been told that at least...

OK, I have a new fun and exciting way to raise more cash at this after banquet party for Kookers Kare and cancersuckschicago.com... A certain Admin :doh: from this site has volunteered to completely shave his head for charity. While I thought it would be a generous offer of both this Admin and whom ever won the right. I'm thinking more money could be raised if it was pooled together.... I mean, think of the new shaved head avatar we would be blessed with!!!

also, by chance, I have a set of clippers that I would be willing to bring to the after party!!! I can start the bidding off at $20, with the option of donating more to the pool! :becky:

***To prtotect the innocent, names have not been used. It has been cleared with his wife, because my understanding is you don't want a Texas A&M girl pissed at you. Welll, I've been told that at least...

If it was me, I'd auction it off for one pass of the clippers. Lord knows there are plenty of folks that would want the opportunity after being moderated...and that Jackass deserves it I'm sure!

i don't know... Probably not. Can't see charging more than $10 each. The benefit here is the atmosphere and not having to be shut down by security for being too loud. Well, that's if you don't count getting to be around thom. :p

:) ok

Sounds like a good idea. Put me down for 2 tickets.
Don't have a paypal account, I'll bring cash.

As far as using the banquet room after banquet is over, group of us in Philly just sat around talking in that room for quite a while. That hotel didn't mind.
Did not have a bar, just drinking that donated wine that was on all the tables. I know it is a different time place and management, but may be worth exploring.

Just a stupid question? but could the party just be in the KCBS banquet room? Maybe they don't need to have a set-up fee? They could clear the room for 30 minutes and them let us in? So you could still collect at the door? Especially if you tell them that you are trying to raise some extra cash for foundations? I've found that folks bend the rules a little more for foundations and for work to help others....

Scottie, I called KCBS today and spoke to Kelly and explained what we had in mind. She said KCBS hadn't ever thought of supplying a place for an after-party. This year, they are supposed to be cleaned up and out of there by midnight. There are no plans for any band, D.J. or a cash bar after the last contest and door prize are awarded. I would have to believe it would be nothing (relatively speaking) for KCBS to pay for the $740 in future years.

Looks like I've got three couples who have paid through PayPal! Come on brothers! If you're in, we gotta pay for it before someone else books it!

Scottie, I called KCBS today and spoke to Kelly and explained what we had in mind. She said KCBS hadn't ever thought of supplying a place for an after-party. This year, they are supposed to be cleaned up and out of there by midnight. There are no plans for any band, D.J. or a cash bar after the last contest and door prize are awarded. I would have to believe it would be nothing (relatively speaking) for KCBS to pay for the $740 in future years.

I second that motion

Back