Brisket Cost and New canopy

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Went and ran some errands today. Looking at Brisket prices and they run anywhere from 3-4 bucks a pound. No flat and point combo's. Seems high to me. Also got a 12x12 quick shade canopy for 140 at dicks. Nice unit. Covers the work area perfectly. All in all a good day. Now going to go do some grilling. Scott

I have been on the hunt to for Brisket. Wal-Mart had Full Brisket packerst not trimmed for $1.68lb. Just the flats were in the 3-4 range. Local Grocery store Dillons had the packers for $1.98lb. Its kinda pot luck around here on what you find. Most are the trimmed flats which isnt what I am looking for.

I look for brisket @ less than 1.75/lb. I can not see my cheapo self paying more.

The cheapest I've found it in MI is a little under $2/lb at Walmart for untrimmed packers. Meijer (the big grocery warehouse around here) and Sam's only sell flats as far as I've seen. They're normally in the $3-4/lb range. Our local grocery store yesterday was charging $5.99/lb for beef tenderloins in cryo and $4.99 for flats. I bought a couple of tenderloins!

The cheapest I've found it in MI is a little under $2/lb at Walmart for untrimmed packers. Meijer (the big grocery warehouse around here) and Sam's only sell flats as far as I've seen. They're normally in the $3-4/lb range. Our local grocery store yesterday was charging $5.99/lb for beef tenderloins in cryo and $4.99 for flats. I bought a couple of tenderloins!

That is so crazy they are selling those flats for $4-5lb. They must be selling them because everyone has the same trimmed looking flats.

the guy at sam's seemed offended when I shudderd at the price. It's over double butt's, and more than spares...

United Market Street has select packers on sale for .99 cents a pound. I usually get mine at walmart or sams and pay 1.50 per pound. but the flats normally run 2-3 dollar range.

Never back away from asking them in Sam"s Club if they can get you what you want... they have always helped out when I did ask, and 80% of the time they can get what you want without difficulty.

I have a couple of good local grocery store butchers, who are still able to handle just about any thing, then there are a couple of local Halal butchers who can get me the more unusual requests filled. Sometimes you just have to look outside the box. :biggrin:

Go to a local supermarket around 7am and ask for the butcher. They will probably have whole cryo packers if they sell flats and store-ground chopped meat.

Back