MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
tgstrang
Full Fledged Farker

Default My Grocery Store Score! St. Louis area Schnucks

I was grabbing a few things at the Grocery Store (Schnucks in O'fallon, Mo off Hwy 70 and Hwy K) for the week and happened to be walking buy those refridgerated bins of discounted / soon to exprire meats. Normally that's not something I fark with but these packages of JD Regular Sausage caught my eye. They were 4 packs of tubes for $7. They had both Jimmy Dean Regular and Bob Evans Sage. Then right next to them they had 4 packs of Johnsonville Chicken Sausages. My wife likes those things a lot because they are actually pretty healthy eating and as far as healthier options go I don't think they are too bad either. Anway, I check the use/freeze by dates on them and they are 5/16. I then go over to where they are selling them individually for $3.99/each and those use/freeze by dates are 5/13. I bought the 3 JD packs that they had left but they had a ton of the Bob Evans left. Lady at the checkout told me that she heard that someone accidently placed an order twice...oh, well...score for me, into the freezer they go. I also picked up some Beef back ribs at walmart that were 1.68/lb. Going to throw those on the UDS today. I got everything in the 1st picture for $40.

I'm Thomas, friends call me T

Last edited by tgstrang; 04-19-2015 at 11:37 AM..
tgstrang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
USMC
is one Smokin' Farker

Great score! You might be a little aggravated once you realize how over trimmed those beef ribs are though. I hate that Walmart does that to them.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
tgstrang
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC View Post
Great score! You might be a little aggravated once you realize how over trimmed those beef ribs are though. I hate that Walmart does that to them.
Yeah just opened them up, they suck....wheres the farking meat ?....oh well for $6 each i'll see what i can make of them. Was thinking i might have to spin a chicken on the rotis as well and now there's no doubt.

I'm Thomas, friends call me T
tgstrang is offline   Reply With Quote