• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What size to get LANG

Which Lang

• Lang 36 Deluxe $1395

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Lang 36 $1095.00

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Lang 48 $1895.00

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what looks better that on a patio cart or the weather in that video. I sent them an email asking about price for it on a patio cart as I'm looking to place my order this week or next.

Here's a quote from another forum:

I been reading your forum for a couple of months now, good stuff! On Nov. 18 I ordered a 36" Deluxe Hybrid Patio, was completed yesterday. I'm out of town right now and was going to pick it up in a few days. About 30 min. ago I talked with Sarah and cancelled that smoker and ordered the 36" Stretch Deluxe Patio. The price is $1895.00. She was again extremely pleasant and had no problem with my order change. Keep Smokin'!

18" isn't very deep though.

The stretch 36 looks like the same overall specs of a hybrid except one door and single chamber.

Here's a quote from another forum:

I been reading your forum for a couple of months now, good stuff! On Nov. 18 I ordered a 36" Deluxe Hybrid Patio, was completed yesterday. I'm out of town right now and was going to pick it up in a few days. About 30 min. ago I talked with Sarah and cancelled that smoker and ordered the 36" Stretch Deluxe Patio. The price is $1895.00. She was again extremely pleasant and had no problem with my order change. Keep Smokin'!

18" isn't very deep though.

The 36 has a diameter of 21 1/2 inches. The bottom racks are 18" deep.

I was looking at the Lang but ended up buying a Mack Daddy Smoker (MD 120). I love the fact it has 3 removable racks. Have only had for a few weeks but love it so far. You can't beat the price and its a quality product.

If you were asking for just a size, I'd agree with the folks who say bigger isn't always better. When you're already between 2 sizes, go with the bigger size, you won't regret it; if you go with the smaller size, you might regret it. I know when I bought my BGE I was between sizes and bought the smaller...within a couple of weeks I began to regret it. I still regret it.

Oh the phone with Sara at Lang and this is what I got from her before being passed off to a fabricator for more tech questions.
36 stretch patio orginal is 1595.00
Same firebox size as the 36 orginal
Length is close to the 60" about 54" length
16" cooking grate width (have heard they were 18.5")
It makes an excellent ribs/butt cooker due to the length and width
Both 48 and 36 are 3 week wait time.
Only thing that alarmed me was he said the 36 stretch is under priced right now because they are so new and they are not proven like the 48 is in regards to manufacturing, he did say the firebox will keep up with the expanded size of the stretch.

If you enjoy smoking - listen to the folks who tell you to get the biggest you can afford. I had a some serious heartburn plunking down the money for my Lang - but I can tell you it was some of the the best money I've ever spent. I truly enjoy smoking - and it has brought me a lot of pleasure (tending the fire, eating the BBQ, and listening to the compliments!) Good luck with your decision - and enjoy whichever one you choose. :-D

Do yourself a favor and PM TuscaloosaQ. You will get more smoker for less money and you will be very happy with the product. Paul has done work for many people on this board. You can check out his website shirleyfabrication.com and you will see real quick how good he is.

When I bought mine the 48 Deluxe was about the same cost as the 60 NOT Deluxe. I asked Lang's opinion and he said he would go with the 60. That's what I did. I would go with the 48. I don't think the 36 is big enough.

I voted for the 36" Deluxe. But that's only because I already have an 84" Deluxe with chargrill. I love the product that the 84" puts out. The warmer box can run hot depending on how you run your vents. If you want it as a warmer, what's worked best for me is to close the vent from the main chamber and open the top vents in the box to let the radiant heat bleed out. I use the warmer box for the sides I do for my event. It's a great place for half steam pans of baked beans or mac and cheese. I've also used it to smoke brisket while doing turkeys in the main chamber. Definitely go a size bigger than you think you'll need.

I went through the same debate for weeks. Finally decided on the 48 for the added flexibility. I like having that extra space when friends come over or I'm cooking several different meats at the same time. Plus my friends said, "if you're debating this long over it...get the larger one." Which, I have to say that I'm happy that I did. If you have it in your budget, go for it. It'll cost you more money to upgrade to a 48" if you decide the 36" isn't large enough. Good Luck, you'll be happy with any of them.

biger is better

i halve a lang 60 original i picked it up at lang`s in NAHUTA GA. my wifey wanted a 48 with warmer but i got the 60 after being able to see the different models side by side i was glad i got the 60 the warmers are not very big on the 36,48 imho you are better off to spend your hard earned bucks on the larger cook chamber over the warmer :hungry:

Just get one of every model then you won't go wrong. :) You'd probaby like the 48 better, due to the difference in capacity. I own and have competed on both.

They make a 36 stretch its longer longer than a 48 its the same body as 36 hybrid
they leave off the divider for the char grill I wish I would have known before I bought the hybrid deluxe
the vertical warmer box worth every dime it cost

I have a 48 and use it just for the backyard. I think it is the perfect size. Something to think about, while the tank size is 48" long, the lower grate is just 36" long. Grate space is lost at each end and on the 36 I'm thinking real estate would be sadly lacking.

Now mine is one with the rounded ends and the newer ones may be set up a bit different, but I'm sure there will still be some "grate loss" at each end.

Why is there so much "grate loss" on both ends? That seems very wasteful to me.

Last edited:
Back