• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Country Smoker Digital Controller Question

71-South

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey All,

What's the difference between the "Cook" and "Smoke" settings on Danson's digital controller? I don't see it in the manual.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Bret

"cook" uses the thermostat, and the temperature you set is what you will cook at. "smoke" does not use the thermostat, it is just a timed feed, that usually cooks at about 170. On a bigger unit, 160.

Dude, you're like the Country Smoker Guru. I appreciate the help and information.
Thanks,
Bret

I cook on them a couple hundred times a year, so no worries. If there is a way to break it, or adjust it, I've done it twice LOL

Dropped it off my ramp... check Replaced paddle wheels, replaced motors.... check, check.... Had pellets swell into block of sawdust during a torrential downpour at a contest with the hopper in.... :)

But that country smoker had gotten me alot of calls in chicken.

Having one is making me want to compete. Scary!

Get in the fray!! Make sure you let folks know you are a first time competitor, and ask lots of questions.

Lord knows you can find everything you need around here to prepare yourself.

I'm getting close. Right now I'm working on getting some equipment so I can pull off a competition - an EZ-Up, pans for dishwashing, etc. I'm going to try and do a practice cook in a week or two just for giggles. I'm also hoping to judge a comp this year. I need to look into that, though.

You'll like this one then . I will be cooking on a Super HOg this weekend . I will be cooking 60x 22oz steaks on Saturday for a Private golf course. This is the first one around Will take pictures .

Jules

So did the new auger / firepot solve the temp issues?? you will have to take pics of the unit Jules!!! I want pics of the new auger/firepot :) I have heard it is more like the louisiana grills vs. the normal country smoker paddle wheel.

Back