Utility Trailer Set Up

MattG

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Does anyone use a utility trailer set up. I'm looking at purchasing a 7x16 just to do comps and maybe to help with catering but I need some ideas. I'm looking to put in a place to haul my smokers (but will take them out to cook),small refrigerator, place to sleep, cabinets, table, sink (hot and cold), lights, and a generator. If anyone has one will you please post some pictures and tell me what you like and don't like. What you would have done with that trailer if you could. Thanks MattG

We have one like that. It gets us along but it could have always been bigger. We use ours for alot more than just competing. We have a frig, an 8' counter, and a set of plastic drawers. All that is easily removed so it can go to the lumberyard, haul a bike, or whatever. If I was only going to compete and or cater, I would without a doubt be looking at one of the trailers set up for it. It has to be more cost and time effective to buy one that way doesn't it?

I just got one about that size. It has a stainless table across the front of the trailer with a mid-sized frig under, a sink & counter across from the side door with a clean water tank, water pump, & water heater under, and shelves on the front of theat same side wall. It also has lighting on the ceiling and, thank the BBQ gods, an air conditioner. I transport the smokers in it and roll them out once I get to the comps then set up my bed. Not really happy with the current set up and plan on making some mods this winter. But that's another story yet to come...

My setup is more fluid. Only built in is a cabinet in the front end (slept on the counter) which stores the slide out for the generator (custom built). For sink, I have a utility sink with small hot water heater that moves really easy to use a hose hookup. Here's a couple of photos: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94639 It's for sale.

Back