MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #31
IronStomach
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
The Turky and Dumplins (featuring nice breasts) is closed as is the filthy assed butts video and maybe even the "Shake" featuring models that play human tetris in bathing suits. The asses and sexiness for the SALT lick video was killed too. As is the "If I smoked your Brisket" video.

Tough to get a teaching job with videos like that. Tough to be a committee member of your church that way too. LOL
Ha! Yeah, I didn't try watching the closed vids or the family vids, I was lookin' for barbecue! :D

Hear ya on the closing up doors to look good to the job market though, HR people look everywhere....

I have to say, some of those videos, especially this most recent one, are really well mixed. Lotta music I was never exposed to either but sounds incredible.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #32
leanza
Babbling Farker

Donny, keep Truth marching on! It's the library o gold you got going. Maybe you could turn chit right side up fo the old folks.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #33
fweck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Is it safe turn turn my monitor back over?
AMEN!!
Stovetop, Camerons Gourmet Mini Smoker.
Future UDS Owner (slow build mod)
Smokin' Fast, Splashproof, Blue Thermapen

Airborne! God Bless our Troops! :amen:
KCBS CBJ
Member of the Zero's Club
CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns
fweck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #34
jetfxr27
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
yeah sorry bout the Hendrix thang

2 years ago I actually used this video of eddie doing james to do a special rib recipe everyone asks me how I do and oddly enough gets pissed when I tell them. It cause the most nasty writings on my site when I posted it. I delelted the project and never posted in here.

I make something called "Break my heart Loinbacks." I was going to use this because the recipe (and old low country recipe I discovered) simmered the ribs first in a STRONG chicken or meat stock combined with apple cider and dark beer along with several other spices and lots of bay leaves. The ribs are then tossed on an open pit (regular is fine too) and smoked while you reduce the stock down.

Thing was, the resturant that mad this back in the 30's, 40's and 50's - well, as you made more ribs the stock got more flavorful and thus the ribs were better. Eventually the stock was made as a base for a sauce that glazed the ribs at the end.

I about got death threats and all i was trying top do was show a historical recipe, like when the veteran Walter Jetton boiled his briskets in beef stock before throwon them on an open pit. It was the wrong approach even though the video with eddie was hilarious.
Wow, that is a PeRFECT match! Death threats? LOL, I could see it. Like my Daddy said, son he cooks q's just good enough to think he q's good. Those people can be dangerous.

I think its a great idea. Just like the night train Brisket. I would love to try the recipe. Kinda like Myron squirting that quart of lighter fluid on his pit. When you got you got it. Shake the haters off.

Title the thread "Boiling Ribs 101,"

Old 12-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #35
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

That was the most entertaining ten minutes of video and music I've seen in a long time - thanks for sharing!
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #36
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfxr27 View Post
Wow, that is a PeRFECT match! Death threats? LOL, I could see it. Like my Daddy said, son he cooks q's just good enough to think he q's good. Those people can be dangerous.

I think its a great idea. Just like the night train Brisket. I would love to try the recipe. Kinda like Myron squirting that quart of lighter fluid on his pit. When you got you got it. Shake the haters off.

Title the thread "Boiling Ribs 101,"

I could swear I had this as a signature once. I hate to start controversy but my question is, if boiling or simmering ribs could never ever ever ever in a million years create a superior product to non-boiled ribs, then why make it illegal in competition. I mean if we can have chicken salad (and technically every KCBS entry is a salad) as an entry and be cool with it cuz it aint gonna win why not boiled ribs? LOL This is rhetorical.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #37
jetfxr27
is one Smokin' Farker

3 hours in.. come on honey. Getting skeerd.

Last edited by jetfxr27; 12-12-2009 at 03:15 PM..
jetfxr27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #38
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Quote:
3 hours in.. come on honey. Getting skeerd.

What's this mean man? LOL

Old 12-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #39
jetfxr27
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm doing all the cooking for a friends Home/House Warming Party. Butts ABT's Ribs etc. First time I tried hot and fast, was gettin skeerd, cuz the honey wasn't comin.
Between the rain wind, cold and 1 and 3 year olds, pron is unsuccessful. Got one good shot, hopefully post tomorrow.
Just had to play some of that honey come music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aeRg_yMSE

Old 12-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #40
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

i never did Butts or abt at that temp. rainy days are tough to get things hot enough. I miss my Funkotorium which covered my Meat Mama 3000.

What is your equipment. With some set ups you can actually just keep the pit closed until you HEAR it. Like listening to popcorn in the microwave, you would shut it down when you hear the most dripping and sizzling.

In your particular case, heres a great song recorded before his tummy blew up in that tour bus years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAA_LUCb0QE

Old 12-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #41
jetfxr27
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
i never did Butts or abt at that temp. rainy days are tough to get things hot enough. I miss my Funkotorium which covered my Meat Mama 3000.

What is your equipment. With some set ups you can actually just keep the pit closed until you HEAR it. Like listening to popcorn in the microwave, you would shut it down when you hear the most dripping and sizzling.

In your particular case, heres a great song recorded before his tummy blew up in that tour bus years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAA_LUCb0QE
LOL, Thats the best description of my cook ^^^ and love the jacket.
UDS. (Butts last night at 225* Ribs today hot and fast.)
Weber Kettle (ABT's)

Listening was out of the question. Sleet and rain hitting the EZ Up, was throwing my listening equipment off. I tried , Lord I tried.

Last edited by jetfxr27; 12-12-2009 at 05:49 PM..
jetfxr27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #42
jetfxr27
is one Smokin' Farker

Ok, theyre off. Looks like I'll need a little more practice. Thanks barbefunkoramaque for the inspiration. Time to consume these dudes, with the rest of all the good eats. Then me and the Misses are headin down to Beale street fore some R&R and a lil inspiration for the next cook.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #43
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Ok, theyre off. Looks like I'll need a little more practice. Thanks barbefunkoramaque for the inspiration. Time to consume these dudes, with the rest of all the good eats. Then me and the Misses are headin down to Beale street fore some R&R and a lil inspiration for the next cook.

Jesus, those look great! Forget practice. Did you notice the sinew?

Old 12-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #44
leanza
Babbling Farker

Got to admit those bones look like what you cooked up Donny. Taste and texture will be the final exam.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #45
MilitantSquatter

That was cool Donnie..

My wife is sitting on the couch now and hears the video and says

"What's that guy trying to sound like Al Pacino ?... He's pretty good".
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote