MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #166
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KClandcruiser View Post
A couple other good options for Kansas City would be:

Smoke N Fire
https://www.smokenfire.com/

Mcgonigles Meat Market
https://www.mcgonigles.com/

The Kansas City Barbecue Store
https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com/

These are all very solid places that have a good reputation and great stores! Good luck on your endeavor! Hopefully I can buy it off the shelf soon!!

Thanks for the names, I’ll hit them up on Facebook and see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 09:29 AM   #167
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Carl

So I made a couple of briskets yesterday and did some burnt ends out of one of the points. I used a little of the a-jus with this sauce and OMG!! great flavor just enough sweetness. I like the thinness of it. I will be buying more.
Weber Performer, Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, East Texas Smoker RK250, Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke
Pig_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-12-2019, 11:11 AM   #168
Smoking Piney
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : John

MadMan gave me a bottle to try out. I gave it a taste and I think it's killer - sweet, tangy, with some heat...in perfect balance. I haven't cooked with it yet, but I see some chicken thighs in my future next weekend with this sauce.

Assassin 24
XL BGE
Weber Kettle with rotisserie and Vortex
Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
AMNPS
Smoking Piney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2019, 07:19 PM   #169
Lomey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

I don't know them, but will definitely put in a good word at Smoke n Fire and The Kansas City BBQ Store. I hit those stores up quite a bit.
Lomey is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #170
Rib Rub
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Dave

Looks good. I will give it a shot. I love trying new stuff

Old 01-13-2019, 05:38 PM   #171
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KClandcruiser View Post
A couple other good options for Kansas City would be:

Smoke N Fire
https://www.smokenfire.com/

Mcgonigles Meat Market
https://www.mcgonigles.com/

The Kansas City Barbecue Store
https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com/

These are all very solid places that have a good reputation and great stores! Good luck on your endeavor! Hopefully I can buy it off the shelf soon!!

Also for mail order, see if BBQ Superstore will carry it. They carry a bunch of different products. http://www.thebbqsuperstore.com/

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #172
Steve81
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Steve

Hi Chad, Living in the Northeast the cement pad with astro turf gets icey during the winter, so using the smoker has limited use. So asked how long it would keep in choosing between the 64oz and 17 oz bottle. Ellen got back to me immediately but was not sure of the Oct 17, 2019 was self life or expiration date after opening. She said she will have to ask the vendor. So just in case asking here as well. Thanks - Steve
Steve81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #173
cpw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve81 View Post
Hi Chad, Living in the Northeast the cement pad with astro turf gets icey during the winter, so using the smoker has limited use. So asked how long it would keep in choosing between the 64oz and 17 oz bottle. Ellen got back to me immediately but was not sure of the Oct 17, 2019 was self life or expiration date after opening. She said she will have to ask the vendor. So just in case asking here as well. Thanks - Steve

Yeah, Ellen just asked me that question, and honestly I don't know. I'm meeting with the bottler in about an hour and I will ask him then.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA

Old 01-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #174
Steve81
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Steve

Hi Chad, heard back from Ellen and there was a typo on the expiration date.

Assuming this is fine to share, this was her reply,

Quote:
The manufacture should have put 2 years for the expiration date but the sauce will technically be safe for 4 years or longer.
Will be ordering the 64 oz size. (-:
Steve81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #175
cpw
Babbling Farker

Yep! Thanks for ordering the large!
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA

Old 01-22-2019, 06:43 PM   #176
Pug-N-Monk's BBQ
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Brett

Just tried the sauce on some BBQ Beef Samiches. It was KILLER! I love the sweet with a little heat. I'll be ordering some more of this!!

Shirley Fabrication 24x50 Modified Trailer, Yoder YS640 Comp Cart.
Pug-N-Monk's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #177
LloydQ
is Blowin Smoke!

I brined some thighs and breasts and cooked them on the kettle with a vortex this weekend. I am accustomed to a vinegary sauce on my chicken, but the Yes Dear sauce was a big hit with my guests. I thought it was a bit bold at the first bite, but I suppose that is what you want for a competition sauce. Very enjoyable after that, and damned good leftovers! I am really looking forward to trying it on a slab of St. Louis style ribs!
LloydQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2019, 01:35 PM   #178
cpw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydQ View Post
I brined some thighs and breasts and cooked them on the kettle with a vortex this weekend. I am accustomed to a vinegary sauce on my chicken, but the Yes Dear sauce was a big hit with my guests. I thought it was a bit bold at the first bite, but I suppose that is what you want for a competition sauce. Very enjoyable after that, and damned good leftovers! I am really looking forward to trying it on a slab of St. Louis style ribs!

Glad you enjoyed it!
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA

Old 01-31-2019, 09:14 AM   #179
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Well - If you didn't win, don't worry, there is another option in the works where one could possibly get a free bottle of Yes Dear Competition sauce with an accompanying purchase.

I am working on a Spring BBQ Season Kick-off with a distributor for those who want to try the Yes Dear BBQ Sauces. Currently my plans are that if you buy a Yes Dear Red, and a Yes Dear Yellow, I will in-turn pay for the Yes Dear Competition Sauce.

So, keep your eyes open for a future Spring BBQ Kick-off giveaway selection similar to this one listed above. It's still in the planning stages with an independent distributor.

Some will ask, why with a purchase?
The answer is simple, I have literally given hundreds of various bottles of different sauces away over the years (too many to name). While many have used them, there is about 40% whom I have followed up on at a later date, and they have mentioned that they never got around to trying it. To me, it's like throwing my hard earned money into the trash, giving something away that might never be used. It's free to the recipient, but i had to pay for it.

So my thoughts were, if the recipient has to invest a small amount to purchase a product in order to receive a free bottle, they are more likely to put the item to use to get the full value of their other purchase. Consequently those who are just want something for free and may never use it, will probably be discouraged.

Think of it as a "Buy Two - Get One Free" or even as a 30% discount. Still a good deal no matter how you frame it.

IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2019, 12:03 PM   #180
cpw
Babbling Farker

Very cool! Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
Well - If you didn't win, don't worry, there is another option in the works where one could possibly get a free bottle of Yes Dear Competition sauce with an accompanying purchase.

I am working on a Spring BBQ Season Kick-off with a distributor for those who want to try the Yes Dear BBQ Sauces. Currently my plans are that if you buy a Yes Dear Red, and a Yes Dear Yellow, I will in-turn pay for the Yes Dear Competition Sauce.

So, keep your eyes open for a future Spring BBQ Kick-off giveaway selection similar to this one listed above. It's still in the planning stages with an independent distributor.

Some will ask, why with a purchase?
The answer is simple, I have literally given hundreds of various bottles of different sauces away over the years (too many to name). While many have used them, there is about 40% whom I have followed up on at a later date, and they have mentioned that they never got around to trying it. To me, it's like throwing my hard earned money into the trash, giving something away that might never be used. It's free to the recipient, but i had to pay for it.

So my thoughts were, if the recipient has to invest a small amount to purchase a product in order to receive a free bottle, they are more likely to put the item to use to get the full value of their other purchase. Consequently those who are just want something for free and may never use it, will probably be discouraged.

Think of it as a "Buy Two - Get One Free" or even as a 30% discount. Still a good deal no matter how you frame it.

Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA