What is this and do you think is worth $125

SmokyDick

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This is on sale on facebook for $125.
Looks interesting for sure.

7gOjB7P.jpg

My off the cuff reaction when looking at that is I wouldn't be surprised if it was a) hard to maintain a consistent temp from the fire box and b) could be uneven heat side to side, based on the placement of the heat source.

Dunno what sort of grills or smokers you have but if you're looking for a smoker, I think a WSM might be a better use of that $125.

Looks like an old New Braunfels design that Char-Broil acquired.
Probably 11 gauge material.
If the firebox isn't rusted out, it's probably worthwhile.
Offer $75, split the difference.
Bring a truck & ramps - it's likely a couple hundred pounds...

Yes... I almost drove to Lebanon, KS to pick up this model for $50. Heard good things about it.

Thanks, I'll try and go see it this weekend.

This is an El Dorado originally made my New Braunfels. I have not seen the Char-Broil model but I currently have the original. This was the first smoker I ever bought. It has held up nice. It was very drafty so I sealed up all the leaks around the lid and firebox. It works great. I dont really use anymore but still have it. Was actually going to start using it as a grill instead of a smoker.I will say that the best brisket I've ever made was off of this smoker. You'll need to make a charcoal basket. Those wheels are not factory, so someone took care of it.

Back