MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #1
RuBBQCo
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Pork Prod

Just ordered a bag of Pork Prod to test out at home this weekend.

For those of you that are using this stuff, do you have an helpful tips? Are you combining it with any kind of juice or just mixing it with water? Any insight would be appreciated.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

Got burned on cattle prod. Wasn’t going to waste the effort on pork prod
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-23-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
localyocal
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

Personally I mix it with Apple juice. I'm surprised to hear some disapprove of the Cattle Prod, both are good products IMO. I'd like to add that Victory Lane has a really nice pork injection as well.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:28 AM   #4
midwest_kc
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

I like pork prod, and cattle prod. Chicken prod, or whatever they call it....woof. That wasn't good at all.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:23 AM   #5
TJR89
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
Got burned on cattle prod. Wasn’t going to waste the effort on pork prod
Not to highjack the thread, but I would like to hear the story that goes with this statement.
TJR89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2018, 05:52 PM   #6
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

Cattle Prod was incredibly hyped for the release. Cash Cow also hitting the market around the same time. Big fan of his rubs but I thought cattle prod was a colossal letdown. Assumed there was some secret behind how to use it, but BP insisted on the instructions on the packet.

I have some trusted friends with the same results I experienced. Cash Cow with phosphates. Not a sexy story, but if you can remember the hype, it makes sense
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
BIGLEGGA
Knows what a fatty is.

Pork prod has chunks that are just big enough to screw up my injector so I gave up on it. Had some good results with it but was too big of a hassle to mess around with multiple injectors.

Old 04-01-2018, 01:44 PM   #8
rikun
Full Fledged Farker

We've had decent results wih Cattle Prod. Certainly comparable with other phosphate containing injections. Certainly not worth the Hype, but it's marketing :D

We didn't find any use for the Cash Cow rub after testing it...

Old 04-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #9
djqualls
Full Fledged Farker

I've used since before it came out as a tester.

mix with water per instructions. Don't get heavy handed in the money muscle just a thorough coverage.

I think it amps up the flavor of my Compart butts and adds some savory as well as moisture. It doesn't "Ham" up the texture nor does it create any artificial flavor that will contrast with the meat.

I am a sponsored team for the record. However, our results in Pork over the past three years should back up my endorsement.

Hope that helps.
djqualls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #10
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqualls View Post
I've used since before it came out as a tester.

mix with water per instructions. Don't get heavy handed in the money muscle just a thorough coverage.

I think it amps up the flavor of my Compart butts and adds some savory as well as moisture. It doesn't "Ham" up the texture nor does it create any artificial flavor that will contrast with the meat.

I am a sponsored team for the record. However, our results in Pork over the past three years should back up my endorsement.

Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
Cattle Prod was incredibly hyped for the release. Cash Cow also hitting the market around the same time. Big fan of his rubs but I thought cattle prod was a colossal letdown. Assumed there was some secret behind how to use it, but BP insisted on the instructions on the packet.

I have some trusted friends with the same results I experienced. Cash Cow with phosphates. Not a sexy story, but if you can remember the hype, it makes sense
I was a sponsored team but the program I was in got dropped. I guess I'm a free agent now.

I too was using Pork Prod and Cattle Prod pre-release. Followed the instructions and mixed with water. First time competing with CP I got a perfect score, or a perfect-perfect since we don't drop a low score. Got a second one a few weeks later. Won FBA TOTY in Brisket. I tied with djqualls for 1st place (got 2nd) in Pork at The Jack last year using PP. It's helped me win plenty. I wouldn't really call it hype.
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #11
Pappy Q
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub View Post
I was a sponsored team but the program I was in got dropped. I guess I'm a free agent now.

I too was using Pork Prod and Cattle Prod pre-release. Followed the instructions and mixed with water. First time competing with CP I got a perfect score, or a perfect-perfect since we don't drop a low score. Got a second one a few weeks later. Won FBA TOTY in Brisket. I tied with djqualls for 1st place (got 2nd) in Pork at The Jack last year using PP. It's helped me win plenty. I wouldn't really call it hype.
If you aren’t a BPS team anymore, do you still use it?
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #12
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
I've done well with Pork Prod. I'm no longer a BPS team and I still use it.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #13
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Q View Post
Yep...
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote