Ever tried Lemon Tree Charcoal?

This is not your pork!

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
al_fakher_charcoal.jpg

Al-Fakher Lemon Wood Charcoals are a high quality natural charcoal brand that is manufactured from the Lemon Wood tree. These Charcoals were manufactured in the Middle East by Al-Fakher. The Al-Fakher Lemon Wood Charcoals are known for quality since they are odorless, as well as tasteless and do not interfere with flavor of the desired smoking wood.
It's mostly know as charcoal for water pipes, but also advertised for grilling and 'Q'ing. I just stumbled over it, because it's available here in Austria at quite a low price (€0.36 ~ $0.45 / lbs).

Ever seen or tried that one before?

I have a Muslim neighbor who uses it in their hookah. They've given me a small batch to try but I haven't gotten around to it. I think that it is expensive here so I was almost afraid that I might like it.

Never. Is this a Brethren venture? I swear I've seen Al Fakher posting on here before...
Nope, I already searched the forums without result before I posted this thread. I have seen that Al Fakher Charcoal usually is quite expensive at about $12.50 for 4.4 lbs, and that it's mainly targeted at water pipe smokers. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the really good offer from an Austrian water pipe dealer, and I am tempted to give it a try with a 22 lbs order.

Back