BBQ Brethren "Taco" Throwdown

deguerre stole my entry!!!!!

Chris! Not only did Guerry mistakenly post our entry under his name last evening, he also chose the WRONG picture!!!!!:mad2: Beeotch!

This is the correct one, and he should be banned from all future throwdowns! Well...maybe just the next one.
Needless to say, alcohol was involved.
Please use the last pic.

Attachments

• 6thinly sliced prime rib.jpg
    6thinly sliced prime rib.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 14taco salads.jpg
    14taco salads.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 12taco bowls.jpg
    12taco bowls.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 11toppings.jpg
    11toppings.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 9building.jpg
    9building.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 10fresh veggies.jpg
    10fresh veggies.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 167
  • 8prime rib cooked with taco season.jpg
    8prime rib cooked with taco season.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 169
Truely I farked Up!!!!!

This was Michele's idea for the throwdown (posted while she was sleeping) and I forgot we were logged under my user ID last evening. Alcohol (Copious amounts I might add...) was involved.

This was Michele's idea for the throwdown (posted while she was sleeping) and I forgot we were logged under my user ID last evening. Alcohol (Copious amounts I might add...) was involved.

You gotta save those for the tostada throwdown

Shrimp Tacos with Broccoli Slaw

So I started this one of by marinating the shrimp in tequila, lime juice, and spices. While that was marinating I made my homemade salsa, guacamole, and the broccoli slaw. The slaw was made with chipotles, mayo, sour cream, lime juice, cumin salt and pepper. The shrimp went on the smoker along with the green onions. Built with flour tortilla, broccoli slaw, shrimp, and salsa for Alan and guacamole for me. They turned out super delicious. Please use last pic for entry.

Attachments

• shrimptacos 038.jpg
    shrimptacos 038.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 121
  • shrimptacos 027.jpg
    shrimptacos 027.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 121
  • shrimptacos 012.jpg
    shrimptacos 012.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 122
  • shrimptacos 010.jpg
    shrimptacos 010.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 121
  • shrimptacos 007.jpg
    shrimptacos 007.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 123
  • shrimptacos 005.jpg
    shrimptacos 005.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 123
  • shrimptacos 004.jpg
    shrimptacos 004.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 124
  • shrimptacos 002.jpg
    shrimptacos 002.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 123
  • shrimptacos 001.jpg
    shrimptacos 001.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 123
  • shrimptacos 018.jpg
    shrimptacos 018.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 121
For my taco throwdown entry I present to you Lobster Tacos with Mango Salsa. I've always wanted to try lobsters in tacos so this Throwdown was a great opportunity to go for it! I had my daughter on one arm for much of the cook so I'm afraid I didn't capture all the prep pictures I would have liked to.

I prepped lobster tails by removing the underside membrane and marinated the meat with an herbed butter with garlic, a touch of chipotle, chopped cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice. I also made two small batches of black beans with three types of chopped fresh chiles, fresh tomato, chopped onion, and epazote. My wife's beans had no epazote because she thinks it "tastes like gasoline". :roll:

I put the lobster, beans, fresh spring onions, and fresh corn on my newest baby- a 26.5" OTG.
Grill26.jpg

OnGrill2.jpg

While grilling I whipped up a XL batch of guacamole in the molcajete. Yes, I did eat one of the habaneros. :bow:
Guacamale.jpg

I made a salsa to go on the Lobster by combining mango, avocado, red pepper, red onion, and lime juice.
MangoSalsa.jpg

When the corn came off the grill I topped it with homemade tangy lime crema, crumbled Queso anejo (aged goat cheese), and Kickin' Hot New Mexico Chile Powder. A family favorite!
Corncloseup.jpg

I made fresh thick tortillas in the morning to accompany our huevos rancheros and saved some for the tacos. I also made a cilantro lime crema for some zing to balance the sweet salsa on the lobster. Inside the tacos I put in a bit of thin sliced red cabbage for some crunch. The whole meal came together nicely and I received another satisfying stamp of approval by my wife! The lobster tacos were simply over the top luxurious. I wish I could say this will be a regular meal but with the Lobster costing more than a Hamilton a taco it ain't happening again soon!
Dinner11.jpg

Throwdown picture.
lobstertacosclose11.jpg

Thanks for taking a look at my Lobster Tacos with Mango Salsa!

Last edited:
Works of art one and all. Well done...well done! :clap2:

I really like the redneck version...very nice!

Breakfast Taco

I made a breakfast taco ,Started with making some pig candy and a big fatty. I did a fried egg sunnyside-up and topped it with salsa.

Last edited:
Chris! Not only did Guerry mistakenly post our entry under his name last evening, he also chose the WRONG picture!!!!!:mad2:
Needless to say, alcohol was involved.

Great one Guerry ... Glad I'm not the only one! :icon_blush:
That's what that "edit" button is for! :becky:
Should probably add tech support to add a delete button too!

I'm really digging Bo's tacos. Saw them on another thread and drooled all over my keyboard.
I have no pix so I can not submit an entry, but I had some tri-tip left over from the 4th. Grilled and seasoned them Santa Maria style. then cubed and sauted it in some salsa with added onions and garlic. Threw then on a (store bought) tortilla. Added some lettuce, tomato, guacamole, celantro, and lime juice.
They were delicious.

Back