Catering Essentials

Tenguns

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a new member whose been lurking around for a bit. The informational and advice has been sensational. A few friends and myself started a small catering company. What 5 pieces of equipment do you feel are most important to your success?

Cambro's, prep/processing table, knives, adequate refrigeration and table top food warmers

That's so hard to say, not knowing what you serve and what events you cater. A lot can be rented. Essential to me would be:
1. Active Cambro units
2. High quality ice chests
3. Lots of sharp knives
4. Lots of large cutting boards
5. Lots of high quality cookware

Smokers, Refrigeration, Hot Holding Units, Refrigeration and Hot Holding Units!!

Thanks guys.
We're starting with a BBQ 144 and doing chicken this summer. Once and if we survive this year were going to eventually try to get a smoker.
We got a big walk in cooler and presently we are attempting to use a commercial kitchen at a local am vets. So thanks for your replies.

Any tips on using a BBQ 144 would be appreciated as well! That's the heart of our operation right now

Im new trying to figure out how to do the best business and keep it simple. Mostly right now I cook Pulled pork sandwiches with slaw and baked beans. Is that too simple to start?

Im new trying to figure out how to do the best business and keep it simple. Mostly right now I cook Pulled pork sandwiches with slaw and baked beans. Is that too simple to start?
A lot would depend on how good the pulled pork sandwiches, beans and slaw is. And I;'m not being a smart ass here. There are businesses out there, been around for decades that sell sandwiches. Or, just sell pork.

It just depends on how good it is.

My basic weekly vending, once a week at farmers market in a town of less than 500, is sandwiches, box lunches, or platters of pulled pork or thin sliced pork loin. Platters have 2 4oz sides and meat and slices of bread, boxed lunches(farmers and truckdrivers mainly) 9x9 clamshell 1/3 meat, 2 oz sauce, fork napkins, pickle spear and mint. We also do a specific amount of racks of ribs....That is our basic small vending and we almost always sell out and make a decent enough amount that my wife has ended up going part time at her regular job.

Back