• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Translation, please / Vertaling, tevreden

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I got this AWESOME present from Phubar and GTR. It's a Roast Red Pork Marinade.

Problem is I don't speak a lick of Dutch.

Here is a recipe I found for the marinade, and the best translation I could find/piece together.

Ingrediënten:
400 gr Kotomisi Basmati
1 mandarijn
3 teentjes knoflook
1 pot (360ml) Faja Lobi Roast Red Pork Trafasie (vers bereide marinade)
1 kg varkenslappen
boter

Bereidingswijze:
STAP 1: Kotomisi Basmati volgens gebruiksaanwijzing op de verpakking bereiden.
STAP 2: Mandarijn en knoflook uitpersen en mengen met de Roast Red Pork Trafasie (marinade).
STAP 3: Marineer de varkenslappen hiermee 2-3 uur of marineer het een nacht van tevoren.
STAP 4: Leg het vlees op een ovenschaal, verdeel de overblijvende marinade erover en leg op elk stuk vlees een klontje boter.
STAP 5: Rooster het vlees 10-15 minuten op de barbecue, hetelucht- of in de elektrische oven op 200 graden gaar.

Ingredients:
400 gr Kotomisi Basmati
1 Mandarin Orange
3 cloves garlic
1 jar (360ml) Faja Lobi Roast Pork Marinade
1 kg (2 lbs) pork chops
butter

Cooking Instructions:
STEP 1: Cook Kotomisi Basmati according to instructions on the package.
STEP 2: Squeeze Mandarin, mince garlic, and mix with the Roast Red Pork Marinade in a bag.
STEP 3: Add pork. Marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
STEP 4: Place the chops on a try. Take the remaining marinade and spread over the chops. Dot each chop with butter. Leg the flesh on a furnace scale, divides the residual marinade and leg on each piece flesh a cube butter.
STEP 5: Cook the chops 10-15 minutes on the barbecue, grill or electric oven (toaster oven??) at 200 degrees (Celsius, 392 degrees Fahrenheit technically, but most sources say 400).

How close am I?

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I usually just drop a couple pork tenderloins in that stuPh for 4-6 hours & they turn out great! Phu was saying he'd marinate belly in it for several days - it has low acidity. I'd say iPh you hit up Phu he'll have some great ideas Phor ya - the man knows of what he speaks!

Are you sure you don't speak Dutch, that's pretty much spot on!!

"ovenschaal" usually refers to a ceramic or glass oven dish, not a metal tray.

Are you sure you don't speak Dutch, that's pretty much spot on!!

"ovenschaal" usually refers to a ceramic or glass oven dish, not a metal tray.

I had forgotten all about Google Translate, and pieced it together.

A glass tray/dish means I have to do this in the oven or broiler. Hmmmm...

Back