MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
tmcmaster
is One Chatty Farker

Default kcbs competitor series

After listening to the march BoD mp3 (Thanks again for having this available!!!), I am still not sure I know just waht the heck the kcbs competitor series IS... I also see almost NOTHING on the kcbs.us site about it...

Old 04-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

The answer is simple: any contest that receives sanctioning by KCBS that does not conform to the standard KCBS rules. Examples could include contests that permit the use of gas (i.e. LPQue) or contests that feature categories other than the usual 4 meats (i.e. the ribs only contest in South Bend)
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Competitor series allows a non sanctioned contest to advertise as a KCBS contest - competitor series. That means it can advertise in the bullsheet and also be listed on the website and can use the KCBS name and logo in promotion. And they still have KCBS reps and basic rules so teams know what's up.