New Member - Detroit Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

4TheLoveofBrisket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hi!

Names Ernest. I'm 28, and have been the proud owner of an offset smoker since probably 1998. Prior to that I was your typical backyard "griller". Didn't really start getting good at smoking (and by good, I mean turning out an edible product) though until a couple of years ago. Still a rookie though in my mind.

I've got an old New Braunfels offset. Not sure of the model name, but it's the same style that Charbroil is making now. Definately not the best smoker out there, but it's served it's purpose. She's starting to get up there in age though, and the wear and tear has definately taken it's toll. Course, if the little punk kids in the neighborhood hadn't have knocked her over last year, she'd probably be a little happier. Anyway, I'm hoping to buy a welder here in the next month or so for some "extreme makeover - bbq edition" action on her.

I've also just begun reading about the UDS, and that DEFINATELY sounds like something I'd like to give a whirl. Just gotta find a source for some clean barrels around here. And get on with buying that welder too.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. This definately looks like a good place to hang out, and I look forward to it!

Howdy Ernest, and welcome to our little slice of BBQ heaven.

Always look forward to welcoming new Michigan members to the forum.
Tons of info here. Enjoy!

-scott

Wow! I don't think I've ever been welcomed by so many people to a forum! Looking forward to increasing my knowledge and refining my techniques. Though, I have a feeling my mere presense on this site is going to put me into hock. After reading some of the post's and looking at some pics of your setups, I'm feeling the urge to upgrade my own setup! Ah well, theres worse things to spend your money on I guess. :lol:

Thanks again. Look forward to talking with y'all in the forums!

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back