question for rib-xperts

B

bbq54321

has anyone tried slicing into the meat, or even cutting all the way through between ribs to get more rub penetration. im thinking this idea would create more bark....any thoughts

I have had ribs that were prepared this way and I did not think it was a good idea. Seemed like it was really dry. Ribs are so thin in section, I think you get more than enough penetration of flavor and smoke.

disclaimer: I am not a rib expert.

I am afraid that the moisture in the ribs would come out. Try mustard before applying your rub.

I've never tried slicing the ribs this way - almost like a Christmas Ham? Let me know how it works out.

I also think that you would loose a lot a your moisture from your ribs if you make cuts between them. Its just not necessary. If I am trying to cook more racks than normal, I hove been known to stack them up, then rotate the bottom rack to the top every 45 minutes or so. When I have done this, I put them in with the curve of the ribs up. I have always had puddles of juices lying in the ribs, just keeping them moist. :peace:

I agree with everyone above.

If you desire more bark, it will work, but with that I'd think you'd sacrifice the moisture.

You want more bark, eat jerky. :thumb:
wow! now thats the best idea ANYone has come up with!:clap2: did that idea just come up natually, or did you have to think about it? you are so cool :thumb::clap2:

thanks to everyone else

Last edited by a moderator:
Back