• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2.25 lb. Ribeye with Blue Cheese Compound Butter

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
A while ago I purchased this nice looking Bone-in Ribeye with the intention of entering it into a Throwdown (“Big Farking Chop”)

Unfortunately I didn’t read the entry deadline correctly and missed the cutoff time. No worries, I froze it and waited for a better time to cook it. A couple days ago I thawed it out.

I frenched the Ribeye.

Here are the ingredients for the rub. (Same as I use on Tri-Tip)

I finely chopped the Rosemary.

I rubbed on some Worcestershire sauce, then some fresh ground sea salt with garlic, some fresh ground black pepper, some steak seasoning and finally the Rosemary.

I wrapped this up and let it rest for 6 hours.

An hour before I put the Ribeye on the kamado, I cleaned and halved some Brussels Sprouts. I put them in a bowl, drizzled them with Basil infused OO, then some fresh ground sea salt with garlic, some fresh ground black pepper and gave them a good toss.

I now put these in a vacuum sealed bagged and gave them a Sous Vide head start on their their way to my plate.

Later I put the Ribeye on the 225 degree kamado, indirect, with some Hickory chunks and set my thermometer for an IT of 113 degrees.

While this was happening I got the Brussels Sprouts going in my 14” C.I. skillet. First I fried up some bacon. I remove that and revered some crumbles for later. I pour off most on the bacon grease and then added some onion and 2 tbsp. of minced garlic and let them just start to sweat.

Now I added 1/2 cup of red wine

and then the Brussels Sprouts. Let this cook until they are tender and then add in some bacon crumbles.

Once my thermometer alarm went off, I remove the Ribeye and loosely tented with foil. I opened my vents all the way and waited for searing temperatures.

Once it reached 500 degrees on the dome thermometer I put the Ribeye on for 3 minutes per side.

I removed it and let it rest 10 minutes and then plated everything up. Here it is with the Brussels Sprouts, some rice pilaf that my wife made, a couple of coins of Blue Cheese Compound Butter and a Modern Times Blazing World IPA.

A perfect medium rare.

And here is the money shot below.

Unbelievably Delicious!

Wheat Chex and almond milk with a too ripe banana as I look at this thread.

My life sucks. :))

Great looking pics. I love the color. Are you using some sort of filter or edit the settings on the color?

Back