• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Going to smoke a cheap steak (need ideas)

Well, that was a big FAIL on the braise/sear. I seared the steak and two halves of pork tenderloin. I had a nice pan of crusty stuff and poured in some red cooking wine. I had the pan too hot. It was a mess. The smoke detectors went off. Things got black.
I poured in down the drain.

The meat is safe though. Here's the seared meat.
In the foil is some bulk grocery store boneless skinless chicken. I'll dice this up and put it on some tortillas and put them in the panini press. I'll eat these for lunch at work. I'll also throw some ham lunch meat on the smoker to "flavor it up" and make some more ham tortilla paninis.

My coworkers hate me.

Now, I'll close the lid and let the WSM do it's thing for a couple hours.
It's beer time.

Thanks, but the visual is better than the actual. Sorry to say.
The pork was fantastic, the beef.... not so much. It was tougher and chewier that I was hoping for. The favor was what I expected (as you can imagine) but it required a knife to cut and more "chomping" before the swallow.

Pics to follow....although it might be tomorrow before I post pics, for it's family movie night, after all.

By the way, it's hard to type when your left miffle dinger is bansanded up bwcause it wss half slices odd while cutting the mest. dammit. ha ha

morre later.......

Alright, here we go. It's not "plated", as I put the meat on a cutting board (after having rested for an hour), sliced it, and set it in the middle of the kitchen table.

That sure was a helluva lot of work for some below average meat. Not sure I'd try the cheap steak things again without some radically different ideas. Sure makes a nice pinwheel though.

Sure am glad I did the pork tenderloin. That saved the meal.
I also did some ham and chicken for next weeks lunch. This is truly going to be spectacular. Stay tuned. I'll be starting a new thread about five days worth of lunch sometime tomorrow.

Back