Toasting buns?

plowin-fire

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone toast their buns for sandwiches? Tried it for some I made at home and it adds a lot to the finished product. Anyone use a conveyor style dry or butter them first? Or do it on the flattop? Limited to 120V in the trailer though so I can't get a very big machine.

Yes, I am very happy with it. It may do more than you need now, but you can grow into it. Also you don't have to spend your time waiting on toasted buns. Just drop them and get everything else ready. It also helps on big orders. The only draw back is that you have to adjust the sides to the thickness of the bun. If you have too soft of a bun it may smash it.

We use Brioche buns most of the time which are a little thicker and more dense that a standard burger bun. Where did you purchase yours from?

been thinking of one, just have to justify the cost 500 used or 1,500 new for vending, maybe a salamander style would benefit us to do other warm ups.

good info. i agree toasted buns add a lot. When i vend at breweries, I toast on a kettle. Its a pain in the a$$ but works for now.

We use Brioche buns most of the time which are a little thicker and more dense that a standard burger bun. Where did you purchase yours from?

Just about like everything else we bought before opening. I found it on CL for $250. It is an older model but still does the job.

As for the potato bun, I don't think it would smash it permanently. Just coming out it will look that way and then spring back.

The salamander is a good idea, but you run the risk of burning buns and other things when they are forgotten.

If you sell a lot of sandwiches, the vertical toaster is hard to beat, especially with the speed and toast control.

Horizontal conveyor models are nice, cheaper but, much slower, eat up counter space and can cause delays in your line.

I don't believe in toasting bread with any oil on it, causes excess smoke for minimal benefit

Back