Vending at Competitions

backdraftbbq

Full Fledged Farker
I've been looking at trailers and many of them are set up to do vending, which is something that I currently don't do. I've spoken to a few people and they've said that they will vend on Saturday during a comp weekend and make enough to pay for the weekend. Is this a common practice and can you vend at every comp?

Depends on the comp if you can vend or not, but they'll always tell you on the sign up form. We vend 2 or 3 times a year depending on the contest and who's available to help.

Depends on the comp if you can vend or not, but they'll always tell you on the sign up form. We vend 2 or 3 times a year depending on the contest and who's available to help.

What do you have to special to vend? I have seen your trailer. How do you vend?

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
I have vended at some competitions, and have found it to be more of a pain than it was worth. One of the two is going to suffer, if not both. When vending, I never had enough time to spend on my comp cooking, and my scores suffered. I will do either or, not both at the same time any more, even samples for peoples choice. Just what we choose to do.

Back