MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #31
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncblue View Post
the closest Restaraunt depot is about 3 hrs away in Charlotte...Luckily we have family that lives there so we make the trip regularly...with a 4 week old though, no telling when the next trip will be...

Are they super strict on the membership and having to have a tax id #? If so, is there a work around that the brethern have found.. How are prices on other items? I see lots of cool things I'd like from them
are you employed?

All I did was ask my employer for their federal tax ID#

thats all RD required from me.

In fact I am running there on my lunch in a few hours
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #32
dajogejr
On the road to being a farker

I got my card from my bro in law, he's been a business member for a long time.
In Michigan...you can go to the county building and for less than $20 bucks, register a business. The license here is good either 4 or 6 years.

I use it for Sam's Club Business, etc.

http://www.restaurantdepot.com/sign-up-for-membership

Old 07-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #33
uncblue
Full Fledged Farker

I've got a tax id that I can use for an acct...I'll look into it for our next trip to CLT...

I also wanted to say thanks again for the advice on the lump; love the WG lump but man for the bang for the buck on the RO, you cant go wrong; I just stocked up on it

Everybody in town has been out of Royal Oak lump. Found some 8.8lb bags @ Kmart & talked the clerk into honoring the 16lb price... Grabbed every bag they had; total 88lbs of lump for a whooping $30!!!!!! Needless to say I hightailed it outta there to load it up while looking over my shoulder

Old 07-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #34
Melrod59
Knows what a fatty is.

Since I can no longer get Wicked Good from Ace Hardware, I tried the new Cowboy and I really like it. It burns a really long time, much longer than Royal Oak, and it's cheaper than Wicked Good. I've been turning out some really good cue with Cowboy. It is now my go-to charcoal.
Melrod59 is offline   Reply With Quote