MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

Default Brethren assistance required for Dillard GA

Following on from a thread I posted on the q talk section, I am posting a request for help here aswell.
We (Miss Piggy's BBQ) are coming from the UK across the pond, for the second time this year to compete against our US cousins. This time we are headed for Dillard GA at the beginning of August. So far we have had a very kind offer from Thad (of Stumps) to loan a stretch but we may be unable to take him up on the offer because our hire car won't be allowed to be used for towing and his stretch is trailer mounted. So we may/may not need to hire a pit. Following on from that we will need to hire comp equipment ie easy-up, tables, cambro, etc etc. We aren't asking for free we would be glad to pay anyone who can help. It's just that it's difficult to get these things in your luggage.
Also we will be over for two weeks and it would be great to hear anyone's input of what to see or do around the area.
Thanks

Scott.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselle View Post
Following on from a thread I posted on the q talk section, I am posting a request for help here aswell.
We (Miss Piggy's BBQ) are coming from the UK across the pond, for the second time this year to compete against our US cousins. This time we are headed for Dillard GA at the beginning of August. So far we have had a very kind offer from Thad (of Stumps) to loan a stretch but we may be unable to take him up on the offer because our hire car won't be allowed to be used for towing and his stretch is trailer mounted. So we may/may not need to hire a pit. Following on from that we will need to hire comp equipment ie easy-up, tables, cambro, etc etc. We aren't asking for free we would be glad to pay anyone who can help. It's just that it's difficult to get these things in your luggage.
Also we will be over for two weeks and it would be great to hear anyone's input of what to see or do around the area.
Thanks

Scott.

PM sent.
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

I can bring a table or 2 if needed, just lmk. My family vacations in the area every summer and I'll be happy to let you know what we do. Shoot me an email to [email protected] .

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Pigs on Fire
Full Fledged Farker

I could possibly tow the Stumps and offer a few more things
Pigs on Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
BritToby
Knows what a fatty is.

Gotta love this site!

British Bulldog BBQ - 2 x FEC 100, WSM 47cm, WSM 57cm, Weber Ranch, Weber Kettle, Traeger Texas x 2 , Outdoor Chef
BritToby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritToby View Post
Gotta love this site!
Indeed! Also, a LOT of people will be busy at comps this weekend (Starting yesterday) and there should be more responses early next week. You may want to bump the thread if needed Esselle.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
CaptTable
Full Fledged Farker

There is another contest the next weekend about 15 miles up the road in Franklin, NC. You guys doing it, also?

Phillip
CaptTable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
ATucker
On the road to being a farker

I am only an hour or so down the road from Dillard and should be available to help that weekend. I have a Stumps Stretch,guru, ez ups etc. i also have a friend that lives in that area that has a Lang 84 if you like a stick burner better. PM me what you need and i will see what i can do. Allen

Old 05-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTable View Post
There is another contest the next weekend about 15 miles up the road in Franklin, NC. You guys doing it, also?

Phillip
Unfortunately we fly home that weekend .... Wonder if we can change flights

Old 05-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks to everyone for the overwhelmingly kind offers. I will sort through and reply to everyone personally. Just goes to show that as Toby said this is a great site but The BBQ community in general is something else.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTable View Post

Phillip
Ok flights changed woohoo - who do I contact for the Franklin comp?

Old 05-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Look here: http://www.mountainhighbbqfestival.com/

Organizer is Linda Harbuck at 828-524-3161

I've judged this contest before - a very friendly little mountain community. I know you'll lhave a good time in Franklin!
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #13
CaptTable
Full Fledged Farker

My wife, Kathy, and I are lucky enough to be part of the rep teams at both of these events. Please contact us through this site if there are any questions we can answer or if we can help in any way. - Phillip
CaptTable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2012, 04:30 AM   #14
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilWarBBQ View Post
Look here: http://www.mountainhighbbqfestival.com/

Organizer is Linda Harbuck at 828-524-3161

I've judged this contest before - a very friendly little mountain community. I know you'll lhave a good time in Franklin!
Thankyou I have emailed Linda but I will call her tomorrow if there's no reply.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #15
esselle
Full Fledged Farker

We are now officially booked in on both competitions. Am I correct in thinking an RV would be the best way to do this? Are there any local places to rent an RV or would it be best to rent it in Atlanta?
Sorry to be a pain but this also means we may be asking for help with equipment for Franklin aswell
Thanks to everyone for the very kind offers so far.