• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Quick Brisket Question...

mrkkti

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have an 8 lb flat, needs to be ready by 5 PM Wednesday...what's a good rule of thumb for time? My cook temps run around 220*-230*.

This isn't my rule of thumb since I cook at 225. But.... at 250-275, the rule of thumb is approximately one hour per pound. Then again, every piece of meat is different.

This isn't my rule of thumb since I cook at 225. But.... at 250-275, the rule of thumb is approximately one hour per pound. Then again, every piece of meat is different.

Close enough! Thanks for the help Tony.

Love the site...need to get here more often!

I'll second that notion . . . you can use temps and time as a fundamental guide - but when it comes down to if it's done or not, check the internal temps, the 'flexibility' of the meat and how easy it is to insert temp probes, or I've even used bamboo skewers, to check for tenderness.

Hope this helps.

I'll second that notion . . . you can use temps and time as a fundamental guide - but when it comes down to if it's done or not, check the internal temps, the 'flexibility' of the meat and how easy it is to insert temp probes, or I've even used bamboo skewers, to check for tenderness.

Hope this helps.

I always check internal temps... but I always Q'd points up until now, so I was worried about the time hack on this thing, but a flat can't be too diferent.

Also will be doing a couple racks of ribs (6 1/2 lbs) and a pork loin (6 3/4 lbs). Boy, with an 8 lb flat, that's a lot of meat...Yum, left overs!

Back