• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Gator Pit Owners

sdpike

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Took delivery of my Gator Pit a month ago and am wondering who else owns one. I have to say I am soooo impressed with it and Ritch the owner.

I'm not a Gator pit owner, but I say this thread us useless without pictures of the pits. Show us your new pit!

good point here they are

Attachments

• IMAG0059 (2).jpg
    IMAG0059 (2).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 627
  • IMAG0063.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 623
  • Thanks
Reactions: gtr
24*40 party Gator owner checking in! I love all my pits but the Gator has a special place because it was custom built just for me ;)
How about some specs on yours?!?!

It really is a lot of fun to cook on. I'm sure all the other high end offsets are comparable but Ritch was great to talk to so I had to get one of his pits.
Here is the 4th of July...

And congrats on the pit, you're gonna love it!

a6fa25a1-fecc-73aa.jpg

And to think they're just about 20 minutes from my house. REALLY want to get one. I'm tempted to get the WSM, I know they work great, but got to say deep down I want an offset stick burner.

i love my party gator. They work very good as a stick burner. dont try charcoal unless u bought the basket. yours looks julst like mine except for the counter weight. did u get tuning plates? if not i highly suggest you order some. they make a world of difference.

Looks to big for ya, look at all that room on those grates, I'll bring my WSM by and get you something more your size sir. Just kidding, that is a pretty piece of hardware and you should be more than happy with it. I am very envious, enjoy and please more specs and pics :grin:

That is really nice. Thanks to you and Superdan for the pics. Ritch does put out a good product. He built me a custom door for my brick smoker. Went to his shop to meet him and they were very busy building new cookers. Stand-up guy too.

Specs are 44X 24 single door, counter weight, dual thermometers, tuning plates, bird house stack. What I really like about it is how easy it is to maintain heat.

Here's a picture of my smoke today. Ribs, pork belly, salmon, turkey legs, wings going on later and chicken for smoked chicken gumbo.

Attachments

• IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 556
Specs are 44X 24 single door, counter weight, dual thermometers, tuning plates, bird house stack. What I really like about it is how easy it is to maintain heat.

Here's a picture of my smoke today. Ribs, pork belly, salmon, turkey legs, wings going on later and chicken for smoked chicken gumbo.

Looks like you forgot to throw on a brisket ;) Load her up!!!

I have the Budget Mobile Smoker (BMS), which is there smallest trailer pit. I had them put some mods on it. I just use wood in it, but have been thinking of trying lump just to compare flavor and ease of use. Pulled that pit all the way from Houston to Chicago! I really like it...............I compete with it too.

Ritch is a good guy.........he really takes the time with you.

I have the Budget Mobile Smoker (BMS), which is there smallest trailer pit. I had them put some mods on it. I just use wood in it, but have been thinking of trying lump just to compare flavor and ease of use. Pulled that pit all the way from Houston to Chicago! I really like it...............I compete with it too.

Ritch is a good guy.........he really takes the time with you.

Let us know how it goes with the lump. I strictly use wood. Show us a picture of your pit

Gator is definitely on the short list for when I do eventually get a trailer mounted stick burner. Very fortunate to have some great pit builders down here in my neck of the woods. Good looking pit, keep us updated on your cooks!

Nice looking pit! It's purely cosmetic but I really like the looks of your square firebox vs the cylinder shape they normally do . I also see you are preheating a stick over the firebox. How well does that work having the expanded metal on top of it?

Back