Spice Lady for CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Awaken Savor

My name is Alicja Lombard and I love to experiment with flavors. I am fascinated (for the last 20+years) how different the same piece of meat can taste when you change the compositions of herbs and spices. It is like fine tuning a musical composition, or creating a masterpiece on a canvas by selecting just the right shades, would correspond to letting the meat be your canvas on which you create masterpieces for your palate. I am also amazed how many different spices are used through out the world. Love studying world cuisine history and its people and their culture. But throughout my culinary exploration I have been disappointed to learn that typical household not just in US shy away from venturing into the world of spices, and often settle for salt, pepper, garlic and onion, maybe parsley and basil. WOW, what an opportunity to bring the flavor to ordinary household, takes away some of the apprehension of guess work in spice selection and make the flavors healthy (no salt, preservatives or gluten). In many cultures, food energizes you, you want to go dancing, here, after most meals you want to go to sleep. Meals are heavy, fatty, and very small variety in flavor. So, what is the difference, obviously preparation (frying and use of butter or other fats for frying) but to provide phenomenal taste it is possible to cook healthy and flavorful. So, I started a company to encourage people to try different cultures cuisines. By creating ready made seasonings from all around the world, providing easy to follow instruction/recipes I am hoping to bring more spice into every kitchen.
My motto: Use our spice blends to travel the culinary world in your everyday cooking.
I research interesting parts of the world culinary habits, what spices they grow, what spices they import and based on that create blend that best represent that part of the world. My rubs are outstanding examples of how the right collection of spices can come together to form a whole much greater than the sum of its parts.
I know I am not the only one trying her hand in the spice business, but I hope that with quality spices, great prices, integrity of my business and positive attitude I can contribute to the world.
Besides my love of cooking (hobby I share with my husband) I work as a system engineer on space systems. I love to garden, play with my two dogs, one gorgeous Chocolate Labrador and a brilliant German Shepherd, and guide our son to be as independent as life permits.
I hope to be able to gain more knowledge from the collective of the group as well as contribute when ever I have knowledge that would benefit anyone else.

Welcome. Thank you for all the information about your business.

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

Welcome Alicja!

As I mentioned in the BBQ Quote thread, you have a very interesting site with spices and herbs I've never heard of. Very interesting.

I like how you've developed alot of low/no sodium blends, and I look forward to trying a few.

I have been preaching the "low/no" on salt here for years. There are so many more options than there was just 5 years ago. I look forward to adding yours to my spice cabinet.

Welcome!!

(PS, watch out for Divemaster. He is old, and salty!)

Welcome, and thanks for adding to the knowledge pool in here

Dave

It's like deja vu all over again.

need a merge please mods.

Hey its the BBQ Quote thread person. Nice of you to come to cattle call. We hope to see more of you. Welcome to the arena.

Welkom Alicja!
Can't wait to see some food pron from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back