Cooking Class Swamp Boys Q School in June

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
By request, Swamp Boys Q School is returning to beautiful Winter Haven FL this June. Same beachfront location that 3 Eyz and I held the Super Q School. Come take advantage of my 11 years and over 275 contests worth of experience. Former students have gone on to win TOTY in KCBS and FBA. Invest in your BBQ future!

Swamp Boys Q School

BoysClubJune15jpg-797x1024.jpg

Thanks to all who entered the drawing for a seat in my class, we were able to send a little over $1,000 to Jim and Jan Burg of Killer Bees to help a little with living expenses while he is still in the hospital. Going on 8 weeks now with no immediate end in sight. Congrats to the winner Johnnie Ellis from AL!

There are still a couple of seats left. Makes a great Father's Day gift :)

Have not heard about Jim what is wrong with him? Met him one time in GA in a restaurant while traveling. I was wearing our BBQ team T shirt and he struck up a conversation. EXTREMELY outstanding person from what I could tell from the short time we talked.

Jim felt ill on a Friday at a BBQ contest in NC, 8 weeks ago. Left the contest, went to the hospital, they couldn't find the problem. He was put in the critical care unit and diagnosed with severe pancreatitis. Kidneys stopped functioning and I thought we were going to lose him. He had to be put on a ventilator. He has since been moved to a hospital near his home, in acute long term care. Still very serious. Big time pain. Very slow recovery with this. He makes one small step forward then gets knocked 2 steps back. He and Jan are both self-employed. She finally was just able to go back to work. Their lives have been turned upside down. This pic is from 3 weeks ago.

11287259_941460042551674_1314070178_n.jpg

Back