Slice tonight or tomorrow?

Lomey

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I've been smoking a whole packer brisket today for my brother in law's first Father's Day. After the rest, should I slice it tonight or keep it whole for the reheat tomorrow?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I do have a vaccum sealer

If I'm precooking brisket I almost always slice, portion, and place into vacuum bags. I then reheat using a sous vide immersion circulator, but people use boiling (or close to it) water as well. My preference for the SV is that I can guarantee I will not overheat the meat and cause problems with it, which also allows me to hold it for serving indefinitely. Obviously, not everyone has both of those things, but you at least have the most important one :thumb: With this method I can reheat brisket that is nearly just as good as the moment it was sliced.

I do have both and will remember that next time. Thanks!

So, what did you end up doing and how did it turn out?
Pics?

Slice then bag with some of the fat and juices. Reheat in foil pan on grill with lid open. Turns out awesome.

If I'm precooking brisket I almost always slice, portion, and place into vacuum bags. I then reheat using a sous vide immersion circulator, but people use boiling (or close to it) water as well. My preference for the SV is that I can guarantee I will not overheat the meat and cause problems with it, which also allows me to hold it for serving indefinitely. Obviously, not everyone has both of those things, but you at least have the most important one :thumb: With this method I can reheat brisket that is nearly just as good as the moment it was sliced.

WOW! What a great idea! Thanks.....

150* ? or so?

Back