Recommendations for BBQ in Dallas

Lordkifar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey folks, I am currently in Dallas (staying in the downtown area) and I was wondering where you all suggest to go for BBQ? Anything that is within reasonable Uber distance is fine for me. Thanks folks.

You have to try Pecan Lodge in the Deep Ellum area of downtown. Best Brisket in North Texas (IMO) and a fun area to walk around while you are there, but be prepared to wait in line. He has a number of 1,000 gallon offset smokers. Also Slow Bone BBQ which is just on the North side of downtown. I love their dry rub Ribs, and all the sides, pickles, etc. are made in-house, and they have an Oyler Smoker. Both are an easy Uber ride from downtown.

I don't know a ton of places in Dallas but when I traveled there I tried Riscky's.
https://risckys.com/

I went and did a little research trying to get you the address and as it turns out they had a landlord dispute with their west end property so they closed it and all the Riscky's are in Fort Worth. I have Polish ancestry so the name interested me. The food was good, but, you'd need to drive or uber to Fort Worth.

If you want to see "Old School" Texas BBQ there is also the original Sonny Bryan's off of Inwood and Harry Hines just outside of downtown in the medical center area. It opened in 1958 and they still have the original dining room intact. They throw whole brisket packers into the pit with no trimming or seasoning other than the smoke. Pretty decent ribs as well, and great giant onion rings.

Like Bacchus2b said, Pecan lodge is worth checking out. I will say this. Last time we went, we got there 20 minutes before they opened and were first in line. Had we wanted till they opened, the line was around the block. He’s right about the ribs. Unfortunately my brisket was gross. Over smoked and very mushy. I think we caught them on a bad day.

Another place worth checking out is Cadillac BBQ. I think that’s what it’s called. I’ve only been there once but it was good. Not near downtown though.

Like Bacchus2b said, Pecan lodge is worth checking out. I will say this. Last time we went, we got there 20 minutes before they opened and were first in line. Had we wanted till they opened, the line was around the block. He’s right about the ribs. Unfortunately my brisket was gross. Over smoked and very mushy. I think we caught them on a bad day.

Another place worth checking out is Cadillac BBQ. I think that’s what it’s called. I’ve only been there once but it was good. Not near downtown though.

Forgot to mention - You can avoid the line at Pecan Lodge by ordering at least five pounds of meat, and they have a sampler platter that's about $65. You cut the line and order from the catering register inside. For anyone outside of this forum ordering five pounds of meat may seem excessive right? :clap2: I love leftovers!

You can also avoid the line by sitting at the bar and ordering direct from the bartender.

You folks are amazing....Thanks for all the great suggestions and advice, as well as the tips.....I can't wait for lunch and diner HAHAHAHA

Hutchin's in Frisco is great. I've heard that Pecan Lodge is very good as well, but I've never been there. Avoid Hard Eight. I've been twice and it was terrible both times.

Back