Craigslist Fathers Day Score. Wait 2 scores 1 Fathers day.

jetfxr27

is one Smokin' Farker
So Ive been looking for a nice Weber Genesis for a couple months after consulting with the Brethren here.

My wife said If I found it, it could be my fathers day gift. So Ive been looking on CL most everyday looking for one. Now fathers day was a day away and I hadnt found one. She was getting nervous because she didnt have anything else lined up. Then low and behold last night, 2 genesis' one silver, went up. 1 for $50 and two for $75. I called and said Id take em both. Unfortunately when I got there, the silver, which is the one I really wanted, wasnt Propane. It was NG :redface:

Offered $65 in hopes of converting it. But really wanted one that was ready to grill. He offered to throw in another 3 burner. I went for it.

$65 for the lot.
4718235578_01b6fdb613.jpg

4717591739_bd787c0dbf.jpg

Then Fathers day I woke and checked one more time, then there was the one as looking for the whole time! A 3 burner Silver Genesis.

Even came with a Cover, two tanks and one was full!

$100 for the lot.
4718236214_9e2b351008.jpg

Now I need to figure out what to do with all the spares.

I'm confused. Did you end up with three or four grills and was it $100 total?

Either way, three or four for $100 is a great score! Clean up the other two and sell them!

Jet that red 3 burner is the best one to cook with as it has a deeper pit
and twice as many flavorizer bars gives a more even cooking temp and awsome indirect cooks with the 2 outsides on middle off

nice pick -up i see my Goodwill has 2 sitting outside might have to check them out

Either way, three or four for $100 is a great score! Clean up the other two and sell them!
That's like one those logic questions: If Bob had 7 apples and gave 3 to Suzie and 2 to Billie, how many does he have? That would be 3 grills for $165. lol

Bought the first three last night.

Bought the last one (geneisis silver b 3 burner) the next day.
$165 for all 4 grills.

Jet that red 3 burner is the best one to cook with as it has a deeper pit
and twice as many flavorizer bars gives a more even cooking temp and awsome indirect cooks with the 2 outsides on middle off

nice pick -up i see my Goodwill has 2 sitting outside might have to check them out
I'll keep that in mind. It's the worst so I was thnking about just robbing the grates and thermo and puttin it to the curb.
I'll look into fixin it as well.

Only Genesis I ever saw on CL here was beat near to death. Doors were gone, side table was gone, was missing a wheel and the guy wouldn't budge on 80 for it...

soooo, ya got 4 gas grills over the weekend. interesting.

Tell me about it. 3 UDS' two spares, a drum horizontal, and weber kettle, plus an ECB and some other unidentified grill types. Time to start thinnin the herd!

Back