Pig candy?

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just asked this on the other forum and thought I would give it equal time here.

I made some pig candy for work yesterday, used thick cut bacon and just brown sugar. I thought it could have cooked just a little longer because it was still kind of chewy but I ran out of time. When my coworkers started eating it they all just about fell out of there chairs and almost everyone wanted the recipe.

So this brings me to my question. When you fix pig candy do you let it get crispy or do you prefer it a bit chewy, also do you add anything besides brown sugar? Thanks for your replies in advance and Merry Christmas to all.
Dave

I like to add some crushed red pepper to the brown sugar....good stuff:biggrin: Crispy is how I like it....your results may vary.

Just asked this on the other forum and thought I would give it equal time here.

I made some pig candy for work yesterday, used thick cut bacon and just brown sugar. I thought it could have cooked just a little longer because it was still kind of chewy but I ran out of time. When my coworkers started eating it they all just about fell out of there chairs and almost everyone wanted the recipe.

So this brings me to my question. When you fix pig candy do you let it get crispy or do you prefer it a bit chewy, also do you add anything besides brown sugar? Thanks for your replies in advance and Merry Christmas to all.
Dave

i add just a pinch of cayenne

we use cayenne also. If we can wait it out we let it crisp up good. (doesn't happen often but we try.)

yep...what they all said on the cayenne....depending on how hungry everyone is, it ranges from a bit chewy to crispier

Mine's usually on the chewy side. Kind of hard to get thick sliced bacon crispy without the sugar burning!!!

And a Merry Christmas to you, Mo-Dave!

JimT

Back