Need ideas for cooking a chuckie for Mexican dishes

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have a chuck roast that I was thinking about cooking up to use in tacos and such. I was thinking about using more of a chile/taco powder as a rub but figured I would ask here. Do you think there would be a noticeable benefit in the end product? Or, would it be a better plan to just season it as I would with ground beef after the chuck is pulled?

Cantina Laredo has some awesome brisket tacos on their menu. I did a Google search for the recipe, but couldn't find it.

I would go easy on the rub, and use fresh veggies and herbs on the tacos, with some kind of salsa for people to add.

Here is a picture, but it it really doesn't tell you a lot about the meat. I've had them, and they are pretty simple. You add what you want to them.

CD

Attachments

• IMG_04242.jpg
    IMG_04242.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 99
Machaca for breakfast and flautas for dinner. Even just some tacos like CD recommended. I'd season with your favorite rub or even some Montreal. Most times, I just go with S and P cause the chuck has such a good flavor on its own. A GOOD pico de gallo salsa ALWAYS go well with chuckie tacos.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47761&highlight=flautas

Great suggestions so far! My suggestion would be to go very easy on the smoke. In my experience, chucky takes in a lot of smoke and a little goes a long way especially when you want to use it for tacos and burritos, etc.

Salt, pepper and a touch of comino(cumin), in the tacos some pico de gallo and guacamole and your good to go.

Salt, pepper and a touch of comino(cumin), in the tacos some pico de gallo and guacamole and your good to go.
Now that is a very good direction, cumin gives it that mexican taste, also make sure to garnish with cilantro, fresh pico, guac, a squeeze of lime and you will be on your way!!!!!!!!

Just depends on how much you like chili. I've done chuckies with a home-made chili powder rub. After smoking and pulling, I added more seasoning, and made some tacos. Machaca the next morn was also very good.

Back