DFW Brisket Sale

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Market Street has packers on sale for .99.lb., select only. Limit 1 per customer. I was told they haven't been able to get choice or better lately.

i caught 1 at Wally World a couple weeks ago for $1.19 lb... was not bad at all... sitting in the freezer rite now waitin in line... :icon_cool

Dang, here is Central IL, I just had to pay over $4/lb for a packer. I miss Texas. And mesquite wood. And Shiner Bock
span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

difference in a packer and a choice packer?

Like any other piece of USDA graded meat. Choice should have more marbeling than select, and prime should have more than choice. That doesn't mean that one will taste better than the other when cooked....but I like a Choice graded brisket when I can find them.

Tom Thumb has there whole packer Rancher Reserve brisket for .99 lb through next Tuesday.

Cheapest I found was like 1.69 even for this Easter weekend. Hams were cheap. Pork Butts were about .89 or .99, might just get some butts and make sausage at the folks house and get everyone involved. The last batch I had in the deep freeze is gone.

like any other piece of usda graded meat. Choice should have more marbeling than select, and prime should have more than choice. That doesn't mean that one will taste better than the other when cooked....but i like a choice graded brisket when i can find them.
thank you sir.

I can't find any choice packers anywhere. I can get choice flats at Sam's for $2.59 @ # but the $1.59 @ # packers are all select:mad:.

All the markets here that were selling CAB beef has dropped it and gone back to their old supplier. Said the CAB wasn't moving fast enough.

HEB's in South Texas have choice packers for $.97 /lb this week. Have one in the backwoods party right now :) Gonna go back tomorrow to fill up the freezer, i picked the only good one in the case today, no thanks if over 12 pounds.

Just paid $2.98 a pound for flats at Sams Club a hour ago.

Wished we could get better deals on brisket here.

Mods - please ban such posts in the future. These Texans teasin' us brothers with their brisket prices. Pecka heads.

I just got home from getting some chicken for a practice run in the morning.When I was there I was talking to the butcher and found out that they now carry flats.The didnt used to carry any brisket.He showed me a couple and I picked a nice 8#er for 1.99/# ,and they were choice grade.

Just so everybody knows that it really did happen.
Have to go back tomorrow and get another one. :biggrin:

BS01.jpg

BS02.jpg

BS03.jpg

Back